GENERAL DESCRIPTION AND PURPOSE OF JOB KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the Store Manager and Assistant Store Manager, this position is responsible for sales and customer service, as well as maintaining the appearance and operation of the retail store. Additionally, this person will develop and maintain a team work ethic and attitude with fellow employees and other stores.
KEY FUNCTIONS OF JOB
TYPES OF PROBLEM SOLVING REQUIRED
- Professional in appearance as described by the Employee Handbook.
- Sell and promote Kwal Paint and associated products with the utmost professionalism, ethics and proper confidentiality of sensitive pricing and credit information.
- Make sure all customers are greeted and helped in a friendly professional manner, making it a pleasant experience to shop in our stores, ensuring proper phone etiquette, as well as “In Store Greeting” techniques.
- Will adhere to schedule and give notice to store management of any conflict with schedule.
- Will participate in monthly meetings to include product training, store training, merchandising, and policy and procedure review.
- Color matching and Tinting techniques should be performed on a daily basis to insure that all employees achieve consistency. (IE Spot Cards on all tinted paint)
- Assist the Store Manager and Assistant Manager to insure the store is set up according to corporate plans.
- Interact with other stores, and share products, projects and deliveries when needed or wanted, as well as ideas and successes with all.
- Work with all responsible to meet the budget and goals set by the upper management of the corporation.
- Assist checking in of all orders and indicate all variance on the receiving document and report the variance to the Store Manager.
- Work with the Store Manager and Assistant Manager to insure that all stock is in the proper place, clean and well maintained.
- Store should be kept neat and tidy with assigned areas per employee and duties to be performed daily.
- Ensure cleanliness, maintenance and safety of store, equipment and delivery vehicle(s).
- Equipment maintenance program will be assigned and maintained on a weekly basis.
- Will understand all duties of a driver, in cases where you are ask to perform in this capacity.
- Situation may arise; and you may be asked to run deliveries.
- Other duties as assigned.
TYPES OF DECISION MAKING REQUIRED
- Ensure all paperwork flow in compliance with corporate policy and procedures.
- Ensure that all orders, invoices and receipts are accurately processed, prepared and filed.
- Ensure all Store Adjustments (mistint, store use, pour up/downs) are maintained on a daily basis.
- Make certain that orders are delivered to customers in a timely manner.
- Assist drivers with any concerns or problems with vans.
- Provide back-up for management duties when the occasion arises.
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- 1-2 years of customer service experience desired.
- Basic Computer skills, and ability to operate a computer and keyboard.
- Good color perception to be able to tint paint.
- Good interpersonal skills as it apply to communication between employees, customers and the public.
- Ability to speak Spanish desired, but not required.
- Ability to lift 70 lbs. frequently during the day.
- Must be able to work all schedule hours needed.
- Assist in performing duties as it pertains to Physical Inventories set forth by corporate.
Nothing says more about Comex Group than the way our products translate into our customers’ success. Identifying new opportunities to respond to customer needs is a challenge our people relish. The creativity, innovation, talent, and commitment are among the attributes our employees bring to their work, and in turn, to the quality of our products. Each of our brands represents our employees’ passion for a job well done, shown in the thousands of loyal customers we serve every day.
Having grown dramatically from a collection of small family businesses to a major industrial corporation, Comex Group produces paints and coatings customers count on for quality across North and Central America.
Through our subsidiary companies: General Paint, Parker Paint, Frazee Paint, Kwal Paint, ColorWheel Paint and Comex Paint, we deliver the comprehensive cross-border solutions customers seek. Superior performance, expert advice and the most convenient service distinguish Comex Group brands wherever our products are sold.
We’re passionate about working in partnership with customers to formulate architectural paints, industrial coatings, automotive finishes, waterproof coatings and wood-care products that achieve desired results and set the industry standard for excellence.
Comex Group offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package! Medical, dental, vision, supplemental life, Flexible Spending Accounts, Supplemental programs, COMPANY PAID long term disability, life and AD&D, 401(k) Plan, PENSION PLAN, and more! One of the most generous benefit plans you’ll find!
To learn more about our dynamic company, comprehensive benefits and our progressive initiatives in support of our diverse workforce, visit us at: