P/T PA Certified Teacher - Philadelphia, PA
Position: PA Certified Teacher - Philadelphia, PA
FLSA classification: Non-exempt
Company Information: Youth Advocate Programs, Inc. (YAP) is one of the largest non-profit Youth and Family Support agencies working with high-risk youth and their families in the United States. Currently, YAP employs more than 2,000 plus dedicated workers and serves approximately 10,000 families per year. Our mission is to engage human service systems so that they rely less on institutional care and invest more in supporting families and neighborhoods. We currently work with child welfare, juvenile justice, behavioral health, disability, and education systems to develop and offer community-based alternatives for the highest risk children, young people, young adults and families.
Summary of the Position: Teach, guide, and encourage students in preparatory classes for the GED exam. Facilitate learning in the subject areas of reading, math, social studies, and science.
- Assist students in meeting education goals.
- Facilitate learning to students ages 16-24.
- Provide instructional planning by following a curriculum, demonstrate organizational skills, maintain accurate records and attendance, and execute lessons effectively.
- Adapt teaching methods and instructional material to meet students' needs and abilities.
- Instruct students, individually and in groups, using various teaching methods such as lectures, discussions, and demonstrations. Must be able to think outside the box.
Qualifications/Requirements: Baccalaureate degree in education and be Pennsylvania Certified Instructional I or II in Elementary, Secondary, or Special Education required. GED teaching experience preferred. Minimum of 2 years formal classroom teaching experience; including instructional knowledge of literacy, and math teaching strategies. Knowledge of teaching pedagogy. Strong written and verbal communication skills. Must have strong interpersonal and organizational skills; and the ability to multi-task. This position requires background checks to be completed: Child Abuse, FBI and Criminal Clearances.
Benefits Available: Mini-Med Indemnity plan, Voluntary Dental, Voluntary Vision, Voluntary Short Term Disability, AFLAC, and 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan.
Contact information: Please submit cover letter, resume, and three professional and two personal references to: ATTN: Chanel Parker at firstname.lastname@example.org
Youth Advocate Programs, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply.