Job Title: P&A Business Analyst-Jewelry
Job ID: 319785
Location: Plano, Texas
Email to Friend
Save Job Apply Now
No Thanks Return to Previous Page
• Allocate merchandise at sku level based on the Buyer intent and allocation objectives. Accountable for ensuring stores are at optimal inventory levels and presentation standards are met to drive sales, in-stocks, and service customers.
• Develop product knowledge to be store level expert in regards to product needs and opportunities. Responsible for presenting needs to Merchandise Action Team in determining the best strategy to maximize opportunity.
• Collaborate with (sr.) planning manager and merchandising organization to review / challenge assortment flow plan and ensure sufficient quantities are
purchased to support the assortment plan.
• Perform pre-season, in-season, and post-season analysis to uncover opportunities and risks. Develop recommendations for in-season changes and pre-season assortment plans to ensure maximization of objectives.
• Monitors JC Penney warehouse inventory and flow and recommends appropriate actions to the MAT in order to maximize business objectives.
• Partner with merchant organization on size strategy execution providing analysis, depth needs, range recommendations, and pack configuration.
• Develop / implement strategies to create vendor pre-packs based on pack configuration analysis; identify opportunities to add new sizes and / or liabilities to omit sizes from assortment.
• Prepare weekly / monthly review of item sales and inventory results; coordinate subsequent re-forecasting estimates with the (sr.) Planning Manager to review with the MAT.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
• College degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
• Ability to drive retail profitability and inventory productivity.
• Readily grasps numerical concepts and interprets financial information accurately.
• Ability to utilize retail math skills to analyze and drive business.
• Exhibit high standards and accountability; takes pride in accuracy.
• Results-oriented and self-motivated with a strong sense of urgency.
• Able to independently organize and prioritize broad workload to meet deadlines
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Able to successfully collaborate with internal and external partners.
• Proficiency in MS Word and Excel.
A century-old name in retailing, J. C. Penney is reinventing itself to modernize its iconic but sagging department store business. The...