University of Pittsburgh Physicians is hiring a full-time Physician Assistant or CRNP II to help support the Neurosurgery Department for its Children's Hospital location. This position will work Monday-Friday, daylight hours . Provide for medical care to patients as delegated by a physician in an inpatient and/or outpatient setting.
- Perform complete physical exams, and obtains complete medical history and records findings.
- Order appropriate laboratory and diagnostic procedures.
- Interpret and integrate data to determine preliminary diagnosis and therapeutic plan.
- Administer medications and injections in compliance with state law and clinic guidelines.
- Perform procedures as directed by physician and/or as directed by written agreement.
- Instruct patient/family regarding medications and treatments. Educate patients regarding health and illness prevention. Recommend community resources to meet patient and family needs.
- Triage patient telephone calls and provides consultation.
- Provide continuity of patient care in collaboration with other health care professionals as appropriate.
- Document patient information and care provided in patient record and maintain statistics.
- Initiate or complete administrative tasks and acquires all necessary information, instructions, and materials as required.
- Make rounds at nursing homes and hospitals.
- Participate in activities that contribute to education and research.
- Comply with requirements of appropriate regulatory agencies (i.e. OSHA, CLIA, PA Department of Health).In addition to the responsibilities of the 1st level CRNP/PA, the 2nd tier CRNP/PA must meet 3 of 4 criteria to qualify. These qualifications are on file with Human Resources.
- Successful completion of an approved physician assistant program required.
- All requirements of the 1st level PA must be met.
- Minimum of 2 years PA experience, plus an additional year experience in the specialty area (this is a baseline requirement for all 2nd tier PA).
Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation
Act 33 Child Clearance
Act 34 Criminal Clearance
Act 73 FBI
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer.
UPMC - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
UPMC is one of the leading nonprofit health systems in the United States. A $10 billion integrated global health enterprise headquartered in...