Assist with investigation of complaints/claims filed against MGM Resorts International and subsidiary organizations with federal and/or state agencies (e.g. EEOC, NERC, DOL, Labor Commission, NLRB). Under supervision of Department Attorneys prepare responses, correspondence and other communications to agencies.
Assist with investigation of complaints/claims made against MGM Resorts International and subsidiary organizations with the MGM Resorts International Ethics Hotline. Under supervision of Department Attorneys, prepare reports, responses and communications regarding such complaints and investigations to the MGM Resorts International Internal Audit Department.
Act as liaison to MGM Resorts International Compliance Department for matters relating to Human Resources compliance and compliance reporting. Assist with administration of Human Resources compliance obligations for MGM Resorts International corporate Human Resources Department and corporate personnel.
Provide administrative support for Department Attorneys as needed.
Perform traditional and computer based legal research and analysis regarding labor and employment matters; prepare legal memoranda regarding the outcome of such research.
Track labor contract expiration dates; track and/or prepare reopening notifications; provide administrative support during labor negotiations.
Provide assistance to external legal counsel in arbitration and litigation matters as requested.
Assist with administration of relationships with external legal counsel, including administration of legal bills.
Prepare correspondence, policies, procedures, reports and other legal documents for review by Department Attorneys. Assist with distribution of any such documents to corporate personnel as required.
Coordinate with Labor Relations Department staff in tracking, analyzing and communication developments in relevant legal, human resources and labor relations fields.
Under attorney supervision, respond to requests for legal advice and analysis from corporate and property legal counsel, and from corporate and property operations and Human Resources personnel.
Coordinate and track arbitration dates and assignment of outside legal counsel to arbitration matters.
Maintain records of arbitration decisions and accurately summarize and communicate such decision to appropriate human resources personnel.
Perform other job related duties as assigned.
- At least 2 years of experience in a marketing, communications, or public relations role at a hospitality or consumer retail company.
- General knowledge of key performance indicators (KPIs) and metrics for measurement used within the gaming/hospitality industry.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills to articulate effectively and maintain a professional relationship with a diverse workforce and executive management team.
- Extremely well-organized with high attention to detail, in order to manage hundreds of concurrent tasks and ensure that all tasks are completely accurately and in timely fashion as required.
- Ability to identify and assess problems and solutions, refer to applicable policies, identify options, and recommend appropriate courses of action.
- Strong critical and creative thinking skills.
- Ability to organize, interpret, and analyze large volumes of qualitative and quantitative data.
- Ability to identify and assess patterns, trends, root causes, develop explanations and test solutions.
- Understands short- and long-term goals and can prioritize and handle details to assure successful project completion.
- Flexibility to meet changing needs and requirements of business.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Bachelor Degree, preferably in business, marketing, or related field.
- Highly skilled proficiencyin the use of Microsoft Office Excel.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Experience with human resources, labor relations and/or litigation matters.
- Master Degree in marketing or business.
- Large scale, fast-paced experience in hospitality and/or gaming industry.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.
MGM Resorts International
- 3 years ago - save job
It's not your imagination -- MGM Resorts International (formerly MGM MIRAGE) is one of the world's largest gaming firms. The company's more...