The Riverside County Regional Park & Open-Space District has an exciting job opportunity available for a Park Maintenance Worker at Lake Skinner!
Under general supervision, the Park Maintenance Worker will perform a variety of duties in maintaining and repairing park and recreational facilities. The incumbent's primary function is to perform building and grounds maintenance duties. Competitive candidates will have basic knowledge of carpentry, plumbing and electrical maintenance. This position will be working from 8am-4:30pm on weekends and holidays with days off during the weekday.
Nestled in the hills of Winchester, Lake Skinner is only a few miles east of the Temecula Wineries and within easy access of Interstates 15 and 215.
[ map it ]
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Performs minor plumbing, electrical, and carpentry work such as repairing faucets and sprinkler heads, replacing washers, unclogging drains, repairing electrical wall switches and ceiling lights, repairing benches and playground equipment, and replacing broken windows.
- Maintains park facilities by mowing, raking, cleaning, fertilizing, and watering park areas.
- Maintains and improves camp and picnic areas by removing brush, weeds, and other materials. Clears and maintains equestrian trails. Removes dead trees and branches by using chain and hand saws.
- Plants and maintains trees.
- Removes trash and debris from lake and shore areas.
- Performs semi-skilled maintenance work in cutting and laying pipe for the maintenance and repair of irrigation systems, painting buildings and equipment, and laying bricks and rocks for retaining walls and drinking fountains.
- Cleans, sanitizes, and services restrooms and other public facilities. Cleans, maintains, and builds picnic tables, benches, camp stoves, fire pits, and similar park facilities.
- Supervise court workers.
- Moves docks on lakes when water level changes.
- Operates a variety of trucks and tractors in hauling trash, dirt and rocks, and in clearing and leveling park areas and roadways.
- Maintains and performs minor repairs on vehicles.
Two years of experience performing grounds or building maintenance and repair, or landscape gardening, or as a Park Attendant with the County of Riverside Parks Department; College level courses may be substituted for up to one year of the required experience on the basis of 30 semester or 45 quarter units equaling one year of experience.
Common tools, equipment, and materials used in maintenance work; basic vehicle preventive maintenance techniques.
Read and follow written instructions and write simple reports; Perform a variety of routine grounds, building, equipment, and vehicle preventive maintenance and repair; Operate equipment, and learn procedures and safety techniques used in performing maintenance and minor construction projects; Deal courteously and tactfully with the general public.
Ability to do extensive standing, lift heavy objects, stoop, climb, walk distance, and work in outdoor elements.
Basic plumbing, electrical, and carpentry skills.
County of Riverside - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard