To deliver the ultimate retail and social experience to maximize shareholder value by ensuring delivery of free flowing, convenient, secure, safe, clean and friendly parking for shoppers and by delivering feasible commercial opportunities within the car park environment that either compliment or do not detract from the shopping experience (e.g. retail and perm parking, etc.). To ensure maximum value and service is received from our third party valet and garage contract.
Strategic & Financial
Strategy & Plans
- Budgeting & Planning: Assist the General Manager in preparing the annual Parking Budget and Business Plan along with longer term planning requirements.
- Execution: Deliver annual budget and business plan objectives.
- Capital Planning: Assist the General Manager in Capital Planning for equipment replacement
- Income Stability: Control and mitigate income leakage (sneak outs, employee parking, inappropriate manual barrier raises, validations control and management, grace time allowance control and management).
- Revenue Growth: Identify strategies for growing income and curtailing operational expenditure.
- Competition: Monitor local competitive environment and recommend modifications to pricing strategy, etc.
- Cash Control: Work with third party vendor to ensure strong controls surround Cash Handling and Clearance. Audit third party vendor.
- Management Reporting: Responsible for timely preparation, currency and accuracy of Monthly Parking reports by third party vendor.
- Strategy for managing community expectations and development relations.
- Meeting pro forma for new parking rates
- Meeting budgets for income and expense
- Customer experience
Parking Management/ Customer Experience
Environmental Health and Safety
- Traffic Management: Maximize traffic flow rates by owning and updating a Traffic Management Plan which is clearly understood by all applicable staff and executed in a timely fashion.
- Equipment Maintenance: Ensure equipment is maintained in accordance with manufacturer’s specification by appropriately skilled and experienced staff to maximize equipment up time and maximize operational life.
- Parking area cleanliness: Ensure car park equipment and surfaces are kept sufficiently clean by influencing Cleaning Contractor performance.
- Physical Condition & Signage: Ensure physical condition and signage is maintained at a high standard by identifying issues and working on rectification plans with other members of the Centre Management Team.
- Customer Service: Ensure customer service levels are maintained at a high level within the parking areas by managing the third party vendor and holding them accountable for contract requirements. Assist in monitoring customer complaints, equipment downtime and malfunction.
- Safety: Routinely evaluate the effectiveness of controls in place to mitigate risk events in the Car Park. Monitor incident levels and work with other members of the Centre Management Team to mitigate.
- Security: Routinely evaluate the effectiveness of controls in place to mitigate risk events in the parking areas. Work with security director and management teams to reduce incident levels/
- Policies & Procedures: Create policy and procedure for managing parking areas and hold third party rental accountable for following contract policies.
- Bid Parking Contract as applicable.
- Operational Analysis: Actively use the Parking Management System to identify trends etc. and take appropriate action to mitigate.
- Actively participate in the Incident & Emergency Management Team.
- Local Authorities: Liaise with Authorities regarding external street traffic management and negotiation of solutions.
- Roster: Preparation of team rosters which align with vehicle and control room activity levels. • Current Traffic Management Plan
- Site Inspection Report Card
- Set up Operational Excellence program for vendor and track score.
- Security Incident Reporting
- GBR&A Report Findings
- Shopper Feedback
- Equipment Downtime
- Engage proactively with all stakeholders (internal & external) impacted by Parking initiatives, policies and procedures.
- Proactively develop strong working relationships with all relevant external authorities.
- Respond to enquiries and information requests in a timely manner.
- Work with contractors/suppliers to resolve performance issues.
- Develop strong working relationship with other members of the Centre Management team.
- Complete follow up calls to parties involved in customer complaints and find long term solutions • Internal & External Stakeholder Feedback.
- Track customer responses
Personal Health and Safety • Ensure you and third party vendor read, understand and adhere to Westfield’s health and safety policy.
- Ensure you and third party vendor follow safe work practices
- Ensure you and third party vendor refrain from undertaking any tasks that you are not competent to perform.
- Ensure you and your third party vendor reports all workplace injuries/illness to security and the General Manager.
- Take into consideration the health and safety of themselves and others and not put a risk to the health and safety of any person.
- Use personnel protective equipment if required. • Compliance with EHS Procedures
- Risk Audit Results
- Incident Reporting
Skills & Knowledge:
- Lead the requirements for the third party contract
- Educating Management team on policies and procedures for parking
- Ensure objectives and development plans in place and delivered for all team members
- Establish staffing plan and work with third party vendor for proper coverage
- Conduct semi and annual performance reviews with team members
- Timely feedback on performance
- Ensure regular team meetings conducted
- Participate in Parking Management development and succession in consultation with General Manager & corporate
- Effectively review staff rosters to ensure optimal efficiency of resources.
- Coordinate and monitor Parking Management team training programs in conjunction with the Center Management team • Monthly report feedback in writing to vendor- report card
- 100% objectives and development plans completed
- Attendance at team meetings.
Experience in Business/Commerce/Finance (Desirable, not essential).
Minimum 2 to 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
Experience in preparing and managing financial and operational budgets and business plans.
Sound knowledge of Parking Control systemsl (Skidata and/or S&B) and Parking Guidance (Park Assist and/or Indect) maintenance and procedures and software use.
Sound written and oral communication skills.
Sound negotiation skills.
Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
Ability to work under pressure.
Ability to effectively manage resolution of customer complaints.
Ability to lead a team in delivery of financial and operational objectives.
Full and current American driver’s license
Jan 31, 2013, 8:56:57 PM
Westfield Corporation - 10 months ago
Mallrats nationwide can get their fix thanks to Macerich. The self-administered real estate investment trust (REIT) acquires, develops, and...