Michael's House, part of Foundations Recovery Network, is a residential treatment center that provides integrated treatment to persons with addiction and/or mental health conditions. Through the use of the Foundations Treatment Model, our staff addresses the complex needs of individuals who are struggling against co-occurring disorders.
Responsible for maintaining an effective relationship with assigned clients and/or guarantors to ensure the collection of all out-of-pocket expenses in a timely, effective and efficient manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Works closely with the Call Center to clearly define expected out-of-pocket expenses for families to be paid at the time of admission, or deferred payments as agreed by management.
- Meets families at the time of admission and compassionately and effectively collects on payments due.
- Maintains relationship with client and/or guarantor throughout collection process until all out-of-pocket expenses are collected.
- Effectively calculates deductibles, co-payments, transportation fees and ancillary fees and clearly communicates these fees to patients and/or guarantors. Updates these calculations in a timely manner and communicates updates with patients and/or guarantors, any time a change in status occurs (i.e., change in level of care, denial due to medical necessity, other denials, etc.).
- Coordinates and communicates outstanding out-of-pocket fees remaining after patient discharge, and appropriately designates which fees should be turned over for collections.
- Maintains an accounting of all receipts/deposits in proper allocations, and ensures charges are entered in a timely manner.
- Responsible for daily entry of client information
- Responsible for notarizing documents.
- For assigned accounts, ensures the effective operation of the collection of fees, and effective use of private insurance, related to the pharmacy and other associated ancillary services, not covered under the cost of FRN fees.
- Requests and collects expected deposits at the time of admission related to out of pocket charges.
- Oversees the verification of employment status of patients.
- Works closely with the Call Center to gather accurate information regarding employment status/verification of patients.
- Coordinates with patients Human Resources Departments and/or EAPs to secure FMLA, COBRA, or other documents needed to ensure reinstatement of employment, and to secure benefits coverage throughout the course of treatment.
- Performs all other duties as required or assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to inspire client confidence in the FRN Staff and the FRN Model of Treatment.
- Ability to consistently demonstrate through conduct and communications the stability required to effectively assist patients and their family members through the FRN Model of Treatment.
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills. Position continually requires demonstrated professionalism, tact and diplomacy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Ability to pay continual attention to detail, and adhere to defined policies and procedures.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
- Exercise good judgment and successfully handle ambiguity.
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills.
- Understands need for and maintains appropriate confidentiality at all times when interacting with patients, residents, families, visitors, referral sources and all other contacts.
- Must have strong knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing and spreadsheets (MS Word, Excel).
Education and Experience
- Associates degree required.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience required in insurance verification and/or insurance billing.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience required working as a therapist in mental health or substance abuse field
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Ability to be physically mobile; however, long periods of sitting will be required.
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Constant use of computer requiring manual dexterity and visual acuity.
- Ability to read, write and analyze detailed and complex information.
- A current, valid drivers license is required for occasional business travel.
- Position requires some work on the computer requiring manual dexterity and visual acuity
CareerBuilder - 15 months ago