A patient coordinator in the Specialty Care Center administers the daily desk operations to ensure excellent customer service and well run clinics for both patients and students while meeting educational and fiscal goals. This position strives to make each phase of treatment a very positive experience for all patients from the initial phone call on through the delivery of care to completion. Provides support to each resident with their patient care management issues allowing them to devote their time to the delivery of patient care. Responsible to carry out the established business practices and policies and procedures set forth by the Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine.
The person in this position will be expected to provide excellent customer service by greeting customers, answering phones, checking in patients, emergency intake and directing patient concerns to appropriate supervisor while maintaining a courteous professional demeanor. This person will maintain the clinical schedule by inputting appointments, maintaining waiting lists, registering new patients, updating patient information and verifying insurance. This person will contribute to the financial goals of the center by collecting payments, maintaining schedules, posting charges, assuring pre-treatment estimates have been discussed and signed by patient.
The general duties include;
- Scanning documents and processing x-ray duplication requests.
- Maintaining cleanliness of the reception and work space.
- Answer all incoming calls, screen and direct as needed.
- Check messages and return calls.
- Greet all scheduled patients, checking them in as arrivals and notifying their doctors.
- Actively listens in the event of a patient complaint, provides feedback, recommends solutions and reaches out to supervisors to resolve issues when needed.
- Scheduling all appointments ensuring continuity of care.
- Assisting patients with coordination of department referrals.
- Answering treatment/billing/benefit questions.
- Triage all emergency patients.
Must have a High School or GED diploma. Vocational Training or some college is desired.
Must have at least 1-3 years of related work experience. Preferably in customer service.
Prior work experience in a dental setting or medical facility is highly desired.
Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
Must be able to work in a busy clinical setting and effectively complete simultaneous tasks and demands.
Strong prioritization skills and strong team skills are required.
Boston University - 13 months ago