Schedule and confirm patient appointments, serve as a communication and information link by providing timely and accurate information, and perform general reception/office duties in a medical setting. |
Education, Experience and Skills Requirements
Post secondary education or equivalent training in a healthcare or business related field is required. Must have at least one year of applicable experience. Computer skills sufficient to access and enter data and create documents. Must be able to take meeting minutes and/or prepare correspondence. Oral and written communication skills sufficient to follow-up with customer questions and utilize knowledge of service area and system-wide procedures. Organization and prioritization skills required. Knowledge of medical terminology is preferred.
Job Specific Competencies
- Schedules and confirms patient appointments and procedures for a particular service area. Determines the type of appointment needed, the appropriate service area and provider, and the urgency of the appointment. Ensures that appointments are made within the timeframe specified by the provider while also meeting patient expectations.
- Provides courteous reception assistance to patients and other staff to promote and ensure customer satisfaction. Answer the phone in a timely and professional manner and in accordance with the Sanford standards to ensure excellent customer service.
- Demonstrates knowledge of multiple, specialized systems to provide appropriate and confidential appointments, accurate messages, and referrals.
- Communicates with and establish positive relationships with internal and external customers to problem solve, explain policies and procedures, and explain financial processes (i.e., co-payments, referrals, address verification) to maximize timely reimbursement.
- Transfers, distributes and completes organizational documents and records to obtain accurate and complete information.
- Interacts with customers in a warm and friendly way.
- Takes immediate action to meet customer requests or needs.
- Listens to understand what customers have to say.
- Recognizes safety hazards and takes corrective action; seeking assistance when needed.
- Demonstrates knowledge of operational policies and procedures.
- Performs work safely, without causing harm or risk to self, others or property.
- Makes a decision considering the impact of the decision on other areas.
- Initiates collaboration with others outside of service area.
- Demonstrates personal commitment to the principles, values, and ethics of the organization.
- Models accountability for learning by sharing knowledge and learning from others.
- Builds effective working relationships.
- Expresses appreciation to others for their work.
- Treats others with respect.
- Demonstrates both knowledge and application of Sanford policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Facilitates and supports change within the Sanford Health.
- Demonstrates commitment to continuous learning for themselves and staff.
Information Management Competencies
- Demonstrates skill in accessing, preparing and using information as relevant to position.
- Verbalizes and demonstrates knowledge of procedures for maintaining security, confidentiality and integrity of employee, patient, family and other medical information.
- Demonstrates skill in use of equipment relevant to position; verbalizes knowledge of appropriate safety procedures.
- Diagnoses equipment problems; fixes or seeks out someone to fix.
- Consistently informs appropriate person of problems encountered with repairs or calibration of equipment.
- This position is classified as a Category III position under OSHA guidelines with no risk of exposure to bloodborne pathogens and other potentially infectious materials.
View Physical Requirements
Regular and predictable attendance is required.
Sanford strives to be a great place to work and a great place to receive care. All applicants accepting an offer of employment with Sanford must consent to a drug screen.
Sanford participates in the E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment eligibility of all person(s) hired to work in the United States.
Sanford Health - 12 months ago