THIS OPENING WILL REMAIN POSTED UNTIL FILLED. RESUMES WILL BE REVIEWED AS NEEDED.
The Arizona Corporation Commission Administrative Services Division seeks an Administrative Assistant III to assist the Human Resources Manager in providing personnel and payroll services to a medium-sized multi-site agency. The primary focus of this position will be to process biweekly agency payroll, which includes reviewing electronic timesheets, auditing for compliance with state and federal labor laws, making adjustments as necessary, and reimbursement of travel expenses. Additional responsibilities include assisting the Human Resources Manager in the development and implementation of special projects and initiatives; performing general administrative tasks for the Administrative Services Division (filing, phones, etc.); and acting as a liaison between agency staff, management, and other agencies. This position will also be responsible for tracking the agency's fixed assets inventory and surplus program.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
The State of Arizona provides an excellent comprehensive benefits package, including a top-ranked retirement plan, low-cost health coverage, supplemental policies such as vision and short-term disability, and generous leave programs. Our work environment offers multiple training opportunities and encourages career development. To submit your resume for consideration, please hit the "APPLY" button below.
- Knowledge of the principles, concepts, methods, and laws governing the administration of payroll
- Knowledge of FLSA, FMLA, State Personnel Rules, Arizona Revised Statutes, and other state and federal labor laws
- Knowledge of automated personnel and payroll systems, and accounting packages (prior HRIS and/or AFIS experience a plus, but not required)
- Ability to conduct research and prepare recommendations for special projects that may be assigned
- Intermediate MS Office skills, including Word, Outlook, and Excel, and ability to learn new software packages with minimal training;
- Strong attention to detail and willingness to self-audit;
- Highly developed skills in receiving and protecting confidential information;
- Ability to communicate and build effective relationships at all levels within an organization, and across all geographic locations;
- Skills in showing initiative in process improvement, while still being able to take direction and follow required procedures when necessary.
AGENCY JOB BOARD ID: ACC
State of Arizona - 10 months ago