The director is the team leader responsible for ensuring all activities, deliverables, and outcomes for the grant are accomplished according to the terms of the grant. The director will provide overall leadership of the project team and is ultimately accountable for the success of the grant. Duties include, but are not limited to, supervising grant personnel, developing a solid working relationship with the federal funding agency, overseeing grant procurement activities, managing the grant budget according to federal guidelines, documenting and preparing project reports in a timely manner, working collaboratively with the external evaluator, and ensuring adherence to the policies of Prairie State College.
This is a Grant-Funded position and is subject to all terms of the grant, as well as continued funding of the grant.
1. Chair the steering committee, and lead organizational and project management meetings.
2. Review and monitor progress of the grant projects.
3. Serve as the spokesperson for the grant.
4. Oversee and manage the project budget including payroll and other expenditures as written in the grant.
5. Prepare and submit all grant reports in a timely manner to the funding agency as well as to the Dean and VP of Academic Affairs.
6. Work with the grant accountant to ensure appropriate allocation and disbursement of funds.
7. Establish the Academy for Student Excellence in Math and Sciences (ASEMaS).
8. Recruit, hire, and supervise student support specialists.
9. Supervise the curriculum specialists and other special stipends for faculty.
10. Manage the summer math and science camp and the bridge program.
11. Work with the student success center and faculty to recruit student tutors.
12. Coordinate tutoring assignments in collaboration with the student success center.
13. Work with the external evaluator to ensure all data is sent in a timely manner and data analysis is accurate.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
Status of Position:
1. Bachelor degree in a relevant discipline
2. Demonstrated strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication ability
3. Excellent time management and supervisory skills
4. Experience as a project manager or project director of a federal grant
1. Experience as a project manager or project director of a Department of Education federal grant serving underrepresented populations
2. Demonstrated ability to lead, manage, and supervise all aspects of a federal grant
3. Degree in mathematics or science
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Adhere to the policies and procedures of Prairie State College
2. Performs other duties as required or assigned by the Dean, Business, Mathematics and Science that are reasonably within the scope of duties enumerated above
Prairie State College - 7 months ago