This position is located in Chula Vista.
4 and 8-hour variable shifts are needed to meet the needs of the department to include nights, weekend and/or holiday rotation. This position requires flexibility in schedule that may at times include a short notice.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- One year experience in a hospital or medical office setting or at least three years of experience in a high-contact customer service position
- Candidate must be able to communicate clearly and make every effort to understand others
- Effective oral, written, and interpersonal skills
- Customer service skills
- Some computer skills (familiar with Windows based programs and Outlook)
- Good documentation skills
- Ability to prioritize and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to overhead page and make important announcements
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Experience in dealing with multiple demands simultaneously
- Knowledge of switchboard (PBX or UA5200) use and overhead paging systems is highly desirable
The PBX Operator answers all incoming calls according to PBX or UA5200 guidelines. Prioritizes emergent hospital code calls; Provides clear and concise public PBX [intercom] overhead paging and announcements; promptly and accurately facilitates all hospital code calls and notices, directs/connects all external and internal customers [calls] to appropriate destinations.
The PBX Department is committed to providing excellent customer service. As a provider of customer service and communicative needs, the PBX Department consistently complies with Sharp HealthCare practices, policies (e.g., attendance, patient safety), and procedures. We abide by ethical standards set in the Sharp HealthCare Commitment to Principles Handbook.
As the leading provider of health care services in the South Bay, Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center is a 343 bed facility that delivers high-quality care designed to meet the needs of the community. Home to the region’s most comprehensive heart program, it also has the area’s only radiation oncology center and certified community hospital cancer program. The hospital has San Diego County’s only comprehensive Bloodless Medicine and Surgery Center, which serves patients who wish to avoid blood transfusions for personal or religious reasons.
Sharp Chula Vista recently more than doubled the size of its Emergency Department and opened the new Douglas & Nancy Barnhart Cancer Center, a unique healing environment with the most advanced medical technology available for cancer treatment.
Essential Physical Requirements may include:
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/D/V).
Each new hire candidate who is offered employment must pass a physical evaluation, urine drug screen and pre-employment background checks before starting work.
Sharp Healthcare - 11 months ago