This position is located in Serra Mesa.
8-hour shift, including weekends
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Some college education preferred
- Requires computer skills, telephone operator experience
- Must be able to handle many crucial phone calls/multi-tasking, very organized, flexible, ability to follow procedure
- Requires excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Requires the ability to speak and work with all levels of staff
- Requires excellent communication and high level of customer service,
- Requires excellent phone etiquette
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
The PBX Operator answers all incoming calls according to PBX or UA5200 guidelines. They will prioritizes emergent hospital code calls; provides clear and concise public PBX [intercom] overhead paging and announcements, promptly and accurately facilitates all hospital code calls and notices, directs/connects all external and Internal customers [calls] to appropriate destinations.
The PBX Department is committed to providing excellent customer service. As a provider of customer service and communicative needs, the PBX Department consistently complies with Sharp HealthCare practices, policies (e.g., attendance, patient safety) and procedures. Abides by ethical standards set in the Sharp HealthCare Commitment to Principles Handbook.
Sharp Memorial Hospital — the first hospital in San Diego with all private patient rooms — is dedicated to providing the highest-quality, patient-centered care and consists of 368 beds . Designed to promote comfort and healing with the use of natural light and soothing colors, the hospital offers the latest medical technology and is home to San Diego’s largest, most modern Emergency and Trauma Center.
Sharp Memorial is known for outstanding programs in cardiac and vascular care, cancer treatment, orthopedic and neurological services, rehabilitation, robotic surgery and multi-organ transplantation, and has been recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for nursing excellence and is also designated as a Patient-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
Essential Physical Requirements May Include
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/D/V).
Each new hire candidate who is offered employment must pass a physical evaluation, urine drug screen and pre-employment back ground checks before starting work.
- 2 years ago - save job