Job Summary (Primary Function)
Installs, modifies, troubleshoots, and makes minor repairs to personal computer, network servers and software systems. Provides technical assistance to users.
Job Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
Installs and upgrades hardware, software, printers, monitors and other peripheral equipment for employees.
Responds to employee inquiries regarding system operations and diagnoses system hardware and software problems.
Orders and installs supplies for printers, copier, and fax machines.
Instructs users in use of equipment.
Provides updates, status, and completion information to manager and / or users.
Reads technical manuals and brochures to determine system needs or enhancements.
Maintains regular and reliable attendance.
Adheres to all company policies and procedures.
Other duties / responsibilities may be assigned to this position at the manager’s discretion.
Job Requirements ( Evaluation Factors: Skills, Knowledge, Experience, and Ability)
- Extensive knowledge of printers, PC’s and related hardware.
- Working knowledge of maintenance and repair to networks and servers (ethrenet, cabling).
- Operating Systems and software.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Working knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc) required.
- Requires three to six months on the job to become minimally proficient.
- Two years support experience or equivalent licensing / certification with hardware, software and other periphery equipment.
- Associate’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology.
- Certification in IT applications preferred (e.g. Microsoft, A+, Network).
Contact with Others
- Requires daily contact with all internal employees. Occasional contact with clients who want access to the computer system. Contact with copier and fax suppliers as needed for repair or maintenance.
Responsibility for Accuracy
- Works with some confidential data where disclosure would be negligible.
- Errors would be detected by end users. Errors would involve computer downtime affecting one to all employees. Downtime could be significant and could affect customer service.
- Requires mental concentration to troubleshoot and diagnose PC problem to bring about resolution.
Resourcefulness / Initiative
5. JOB CONDITIONS
- Can apply method of repair, update or assistance that will produce most efficient results within standard operating procedure.
- Works in a normal office environment.
Maintains favorable working relationships with all company employees to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate which will be conducive to maximizing employee morale, productivity, efficiency and effectiveness
The incumbent must be able to work in a structured, fast-paced, multi-task, deadline oriented, stressful and demanding environment. While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent must be able to regularly cope with and handle changes in direction and serious pressure.