SmartSource is in need of several Level 1 Helpdesk professionals for a contract opportunity in Hillsboro, OR
Job Type: Contract
Duration: open ended
Location: Hillsboro 97124
Available Shifts: They work 4 x 10 hr days, they have day and evening shifts available
The Global Service Desk Analyst will be responsible for the effective delivery of first level IT support to internal corporate employees and contractors via web, email, and telephone. The primary objective of the Global Service Desk is to rapidly resolve user technology issues, provision IT services, and resolve ~80% of all incoming requests. The Global Service Desk operates 24x7x365. Analysts must be able to accommodate a flexible work schedule.
The Global Service Desk Analyst will be responsible for managing incoming support requests and delivering world-class technical support remotely to users via telephone, email, chat, or other methods. He/she will be directly involved in resolving user issues and communicating service outages to users. He/she must be able to work a variety of schedules as needed. The Global Service Desk Analyst must be receptive to management direction and coaching and be able to quickly adapt and prioritize workload to increase individual and team productivity and effectiveness. He/she is also expected to demonstrate an ongoing commitment to the company’s values.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Provide excellent customer service and diffuse heightened end-user sensitivity
- Demonstrate strong customer focus and ability to communicate with multiple levels of the organization. Ability to communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Resolve user issues submitted via ticketing system, phone, email, or chat
- Uses troubleshooting skills and experience to resolve many issues immediately
- Escalate unresolved customer issues and recommend documented solutions and/or temporary alternative procedures to users
- Track all requests using case management application. Performance is measured by common metrics such as (but not limited to) total tickets completed, ticket response time, ticket duration, customer satisfaction, first contact resolution, etc.
- Satisfactorily complete a minimum number of tickets/period based upon group standards while maintaining satisfactory customer feedback.
- Creation, management, and termination of user accounts in Active Directory
- Contribute to the department’s knowledge base through research, projects, and documentation
- Actively participate in ongoing training of peers and onboarding of new team members
- Identify and recommend efficiency and workflow improvements to management
- Execute IT policies with confidence and understanding of both the letter and the spirit of the policy
- Work independently on assignments that are moderately difficult, requiring judgment in resolving issues or in making recommendations. Normally follows established procedures on routine work, requires instructions only on new assignments.
This position requires an outgoing person with excellent communications skills who enjoys helping people and working in a team environment. Generally requires a Bachelor’s degree in business or a technical field plus 2-3 years experience in customer service or technical support. Prior experience in an IT helpdesk or technical support call center. Strong research and problem solving abilities are required. Must have current knowledge of PC, Mac, and mobile device (iPhone/iPad, etc.) hardware/software and general technology trends. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Windows and Macintosh troubleshooting; wireless device (iPhone, iPad, BlackBerry) & mobile carrier account management; Active Directory user creation & management; VPN, RSA SecurID, Outlook, Gmail, Google Docs/Apps and MS Office. Understanding of LAN, WAN, and wireless networking technologies is helpful. Multi-lingual fluency is a plus.