Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide. With over 300 years of history and expertise in banking, we operate in over 50 countries and employ over 140,000 people.
We provide large corporate, government and institutional clients with a full spectrum of solutions to their strategic advisory, financing and risk management needs. Our clients also benefit from access to the breadth of expertise across Barclays. Were one of the largest financial services providers in the world, and are also engaged in retail banking, credit cards, corporate banking, and wealth and investment management.
For further information about Barclays, please visit our website www.barclays.com .
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
The Product Control Technology team supports a number of critical business activities for Product Control and other Infrastructure functions, including daily trader P&L, balance sheet reporting, front office/back office reconciliations, price testing and adjustment functionality.
The Transaction Database Technology (TDB) team is responsible for developing, enhancing and supporting the Transaction Database (TDB) application. TDB is an in-house built data warehouse and accounting application that stores trading activities on all products traded globally by Barclays Investment Bank
The PC-IT TDB Service Deliver Management is the project planning function within Product Control - IT (PC_IT) This role will focus on planning for 2 major applications with PC-IT - TDB & RFDW.
For TDB, the role demands business coordination and interaction with senior business & IT stakeholders and managing project plans with in TDB IT.
For RFDW & MOTIF, this role will assist in the applications to move to a new strategic architecture that needs to be planned and coordinated with technology groups with in PCIT and other areas (IT groups) in the bank. The strategic architecture is to transition RFDW out of MOTIF, enable EDDI implementations in MOTIF, with the end result of TDB decommissioning.
Support project go-live.
- Develop and execute detailed project implementation plans across projects coming from different business areas.
- Manage and track the delivery of build activities from initiation, through definition, delivery and implementation.
- Liaise with other Service Owners and project managers to ensure coordination of tasks affecting other functional areas.
- Chair Governance meetings with stakeholders and project sponsors to prioritise projects and provide project updates.
- Manage work stream resourcing for projects and minor works.
- Track project issues and risks.
- Work closely with the Test team to ensure Test Plans are realistic and provide full coverage
- Work collaboratively with a global team of business analysts, using a global analysis process
- Drive the requirements gathering phases of projects to ensure that high quality requirements are developed in a timely fashion
- Ensure the necessary hand-over notes are delivered / in place to optimise on the benefits of a global team are realised
- Troubleshoot as required to ensure plans are met and early mitigations of potential delays managed.
- Drive increased efficiencies across the team in order to deliver more for less
- Ensure necessary change details are raised ahead of Production releases and rotas in place to support
- Understand the projects critical path in order to make well judged decisions
2+ years IT Project Management experience covering a full Development project lifecycle.
2+ years in an IT team either as a developer or a technical business analyst working closely with developers
Strong client liaison and problem solving skills
Good track record in business / systems analysis
Demonstrate good communication skills at a senior level
Able to plan across multiple projects - ensuring resource leveling to ensure plans are realistic.
Regular Status reporting.
Risk & Issue Management.
Sufficient business knowledge to interact with the business
Structured approach to providing project estimates
Good analysis skills
Experience of working on Finance systems
Demonstrate knowledge of project development lifecycle.
Excellent knowledge of accounting, financial and product control functions.
Strong MS Project skills to manage multiple projects
Strong negotiation, influencing and facilitation skills
Prince 2 or other Project Management certification
Ability to multitask.
Ability to network within a new area, building relationships and influence to meet the project objectives
Ability to assimilate information quickly and produce thorough and well researched assessment of situation.
Ability to work in a virtual team, across boundaries.
Attention to detail.
A good organizer.
Positive Team Player.
Flexible approach to working hours.
Practical and pragmatic approach to work
Barclays Capital - 8 months ago
Barclays Bank is the flagship subsidiary of global financial group Barclays PLC. The bank is primarily active in the UK, where it has some...