About Banner Health Corporate
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. With locations in Phoenix, Mesa and Sun City, Ariz. and Greeley, Colo., we offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you’ll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
About Banner Health
Banner Health was selected as one of the Top Leadership Teams in Healthcare by Health Leaders Media, is one of the Top 100 Integrated Healthcare Networks in the nation according to SDI, and voted as one of the “ Best Places to Work ” in the Phoenix metro area by the Phoenix Business Journal. We encouraged you to read more information about Banner Health. We recommend the following options:
- Why Banner Health?
- Banner Health Benefits
- Banner Health Careers
The purpose of this position is to coordinate and facilitate patient billing and collection activities, following patient accounts through the billing process to the payor, working with the payor through claims processing, ensuring reimbursement to the facility. Provides leadership to the patient financial services team, participating in the selection and training of staff members. This position serves as a primary resource in complex and/or sensitive cases and may be assigned to work in any position in the department based on the departmental need.
- Provides leadership and training to Patient Financial Services Representatives. Provides leadership for the team by successfully leading special projects, training staff, providing suggestions to improve processes and serving as a resource for complex and sensitive accounts.
- As assigned, processes payments, adjustments, claims, correspondence, refunds, denials, financial/charity applications, and/or payment plans in an accurate and timely manner, meeting goals in work quality and productivity. Coordinates with other staff members and physician office staff as necessary ensure correct processing.
- As assigned, reconciles, balances and pursues account balances and payments, and/or denials, working with payor remits, facility contracts, payor customer service, provider representatives, spreadsheets and the company’s collection/self-pay policies to ensure maximum reimbursement.
- As assigned, researches payments, denials and/or accounts to determine short/over payments, contract discrepancies, incorrect financial classes, internal/external errors. Makes appeals and corrections as necessary.
- Builds strong working relationships with assigned business units, hospital departments or provider offices. Identifies trends in payment issues and communicates with internal and external customers as appropriate to educate and correct problems. Provides assistance and excellent customer service to these internal clients.
- Responds to incoming calls and makes outbound calls as required to resolve billing and payment issues. Provides assistance and excellent customer service to patients, patient families, providers, and other internal and external customers.
- Reduces Accounts Receivable balances. Works as a member of the patient financial services team to achieve goals in days and dollars of outstanding accounts.
- Uses systems to provide statistical data, prepare issues list(s) and to communicate with payors accurately.
A high school diploma or equivalent education. Substantial previous related work experience in patient financial services work is required. Must have an understanding of medical terminology, and a broad understanding of medical insurance laws and guidelines, insurance policy and coverage types, hospital billing procedures and payment policies, Medicare and AHCCCS laws and regulations on billing, and common terms and clauses of insurance contract language. Must be able to evaluate payor remits for accuracy in accordance with to payor guidelines. Must be able to audit. Must have 95% or better accuracy rating as well as meeting and exceeding all work goals. Requires strong organizational abilities, proficiency in Professional Customer Service, oral and written communications, accurate and efficient keyboarding with strong competencies in the use of common office software applications, the ability to create spreadsheets to analyze and present data. Requires effective teamwork skills and the ability to meet deadlines and productivity standards.
Work experience with the Company’s billing and collections systems and processes is preferred. Previous successful experience in a leadership role, previous experience in training and/or previous clinical experience is a plus. Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
- 24 months ago - save job
If you thrive on change and you’re looking to be part of the future of health care, you belong at Banner Health.