Pharmacy Manager Trainee - District 1, Bangor, Maine Region. Includes Bangor, Ellsworth, Machias, Old Town, Lincoln, Millinocket, Brewer, Bar Harbor and Hampden.
*** This training program is not intended as a guarantee of future positions. The intent of the program is to provide the pharmacy locations with an additional pool of candidates for current and future management needs. It also provides the selected candidate(s) with technical and management skills and the opportunity to practice those skills making them a more qualified candidate for future leadership positions. The training period for this program should be a minimum of 6 months with a maximum of 12 months depending upon when the candidate and leadership indicates the trainee has accomplished and mastered all content/expectations of the role***
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Process prescriptions accurately or supervise others in the process in accordance with current laws, ethical standards and Company policies.
2. Provide outstanding customer service and patient counseling in the areas of prescription and OTC medications, durable medical equipment and other evolving health care needs.
3. Act as a liaison between the store and healthcare professionals, patients and law enforcement.
4. Comply with state and Federal laws pertaining to pharmacy practices. Adhere to established Company standards of practice.
5. Maintain and ensure confidentiality of patient and company information.
6. Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position, with or without reasonable accommodations.
7. Promote and participate in initiatives to grow the pharmacy business as required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Serve as the Pharmacist in Charge (PIC) or Supervising Pharmacist (SP) as required. Responsible for ensuring regulatory compliance with Federal and state pharmacy laws and regulations.
2. Responsible for financial performance of the department including, but not limited to, sales growth, maximizing gross margins and productivity, controlling inventory, payroll and expenses.
3. Understanding of and compliance with Pharmacy Standard Practice Manual. Communicate standards to other department personnel as needed
4. Oversee the daily office operations of the pharmacy department
5. Promote and participate in growing the pharmacy business through Company initiatives and the building of relationships within the community.
6. Perform immunizations according to Company’s Standard Practice and expectations.
7. Ensure that all pharmacy department personnel provide outstanding customer service.
8. Responsible for development, training and management of staff pharmacists, and assist in the interviewing of potential hires.
9. Hire, train, and develop pharmacy technicians and support staff.
10. Work with the designated in-store trainer and pharmacy training specialist to ensure proper and efficient training of all pharmacy personnel.
11. Manage performance and documentation of all department personnel through annual performance assessments and ongoing coaching and disciplinary efforts.
12. Exercise good judgment in the delegation, assignment and follow-up required for the efficient performance of the department. Coordinate scheduling of technicians - including assigned positions and fixed activities.
13. Maintain a broad understanding of MPP scheduling system.
14. Coordinate weekly scheduling needs for the pharmacists - vacation coverage etc.
15. Adhere to Company safety standards. Communicate any needed equipment repairs of maintenance work needed. Keep work area free from debris and safety hazards.
16. Develop and maintain a professional and cooperative working relationship with the Store Manager, Pharmacy Operations Manager, and local health care providers.
17. Attend weekly department manager meetings as assigned. Share applicable information with pharmacy staff.
18. Maintain communications to the pharmacy staff from outside sources.
19. Foster a positive and enthusiastic environment to retain associates and customers.
20. Maintain confidentiality of customer and Company information.
21. Role model and provide recognition of our key behaviors; Be There, Make It Easy, Add Something to Their Day and Be the Difference.
22. Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position, with or without reasonable accommodations.
23. Complete special projects as assigned.
24. Ensure completion of “My Tasks” daily or as necessary
25. Review and respond to emails daily.
1. Accurate and efficient typing skills.
2. Stand 100% of the time with occasional walking short distances.
3. Using computer screen/keyboard/mouse/biometric scanner 100% of the time.
4. Use hands to frequently/continuously handle a variety of sizes of containers, then manipulate individual pills/capsules and the equipment used to count them.