Tenet, through its subsidiaries, owns and operates acute care hospitals and numerous related health care services. Our mission is to be recognized for our commitment to our people and partners who provide quality, innovative care to the patients we serve in our communities. It's a spirit you can experience first-hand and it's a philosophy that can enhance your own approach to health care and your career goals.
- Works under the direct supervision of the pharmacist at all time.
- Responsible for drug distribution and intravenous admixture throughout the hospital.
- Performs unit dose drug distribution throughout the hospital, including the preparation of daily patient drug supply and performing labeling function accurately and efficiently
- Prepares intravenous admixtures, including maintaining sterile technique at all times and accurately performs pharmacy math calculations.
- Performs timely delivery of drugs and solutions to patient care units.
- Performs quality control monitoring on schedule as assigned.
- Replaces and bills for floor stock drugs.
- Maintains professional, helpful and courteous relationships with co-workers, nurses, physicians and patients.
- Takes initiative to see that the job is done completely and correctly and pertinent information is transferred to appropriate personnel.
- Provides proper notification for absence and/or tardiness.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient information at all times.
High School Graduate
Current registration with the California Board of Pharmacy as a Technician .
Preference given for one year experience in a hospital pharmacy, including unit dose, drug distribution and intravenous admixture.
Requires knowledge of drug names, pharmacy math and sterile technique. Requires good English communication skills.
266-John F. Kennedy Memorial Hospital - Indio, CA
Tenet Healthcare - 17 months ago