Under the supervision of a Pharmacist, prepares medications for dispensing by the Pharmacist and perform other Pharmacy functions as needed in accordance with standards and regulations. |
Pharmacy Services Coordinator/As Assigned
Education, Experience and Skills Requirements
Must have appropriate education in order to become registered in the respective state of practice. This may include: enrollment in or completion of an approved on-the-job training program, completion of an approved Pharmacy Technician Program or any other acceptable qualifications or means that are approved by the respective State Board of Pharmacy and employing pharmacy, this may be based on previous work experience, training, or personal qualifications.
Must maintain annual registration as a Pharmacy Technician through the respective State Board of Pharmacy, as well as complete the required hours of Pharmacy Technician continuing education.
Job Specific Competencies
- As defined by work area scope of services, prepares IV admixtures, oral medications, and other products dispensed by the pharmacist to ensure proper administration.
- Maintains adequate supplies in assigned area so that medications are dispensed in a timely and efficient manner and are available for the customer, including legend drug products and over-the- counter medications.
- Answers phone and takes prescriptions as allowed by state laws.
- Maintains records as required by state laws and pharmacy policies.
- Accepts and processes payments for prescriptions and over the counter products in an efficient and courteous manner.
- Assists and troubleshoots third party prescription claims questions with an understanding of on-line rejections and plan parameters.
- Maintenance of OTC (over the counter), pharmacy and crash cart inventory checking for outdates and ensuring items are displayed in an attractive manner.
- Receives customer prescription orders, enters in customer census and insurance information for new accounts and verifies information on existing accounts. Balances cash register.
- Assists and directs processes of medication and supply procurement, product substitution, inventory management, delivery; ensures adequate inventory levels to meet patient need.
- Performs other service duties as needed in an efficient manner to ensure smooth work flow and to contribute to service productivity.
- Interacts with customers in a warm and friendly way.
- Takes immediate action to meet customer requests or needs.
- Listens to understand what customers have to say.
- Recognizes safety hazards and takes corrective action; seeking assistance when needed.
- Demonstrates knowledge of operational policies and procedures.
- Performs work safely, without causing harm or risk to self, others or property.
- Makes a decision considering the impact of the decision on other areas.
- Initiates collaboration with others outside of service area.
- Demonstrates personal commitment to the principles, values, and ethics of the organization.
- Models accountability for learning by sharing knowledge and learning from others.
- Builds effective working relationships.
- Expresses appreciation to others for their work.
- Treats others with respect.
- Professionalism/Integrity - Models high standards of principles, values and ethics through policy decisions, professional duties, and personal actions in the organization and the community.
- Decision Making/Problem Solving - Gathers information, selects the best strategy, implements and evaluates decisions to assure continuous improvement and contribution to the long-term best interest of Sanford and its constituents.
Information Management Competencies
- Demonstrates skill in accessing, preparing and using information as relevant to position.
- Verbalizes and demonstrates knowledge of procedures for maintaining security, confidentiality and integrity of employee, patient, family and other medical information.
- Demonstrates skill in use of equipment relevant to position; verbalizes knowledge of appropriate safety procedures.
- Diagnoses equipment problems; fixes or seeks out someone to fix.
- Consistently informs appropriate person of problems encountered with repairs or calibration of equipment.
- This position is classified as a Category III position under OSHA guidelines with no risk of exposure to bloodborne pathogens and other potentially infectious materials.
View Physical Requirements
Regular and predictable attendance is required.
Sanford strives to be a great place to work and a great place to receive care. All applicants accepting an offer of employment with Sanford must consent to a drug screen.
Sanford participates in the E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment eligibility of all person(s) hired to work in the United States.
Sanford Health - 5 months ago