Works under the direct supervision of the pharmacist in providing pharmaceutical care services, while considering patient specific factors, through the prioritization and processing of medication orders, the preparing of medications for dispensing, distribution and stocking of patient care locations for subsequent drug administration. Performs other duties as assigned.
Licensure Minimum: PHARM TECH, CPHT
- Desired: Previous experience in setting involving medication distribution. Previous hospital experience.
- Required: Skills in communicating clearly and effective use of standard English in written, oral and verbal format.
- Required: Skill to write legibly and record information accurately as necessary to perform job duties.
- Preferred: Technician training program/academy.
- Required: Computer skills, typing skills, calculation skills, communication skills.
- Licensure Description: Registration with the State Board of Pharmacy is required. For non-practicing technicians, registration is required within 90 days of employment.
- MS non-practicing technicians hired on/after 4-1-2011, will be required to successfully pass the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board Exam (PTCB) or an exam approved by the Board prior to their first renewal of their registration.
Baptist Memorial Health Care Corporation - 16 months ago
Baptist Memorial Health Care, an integrated system of hospitals and ancillary patient-care settings, offers an exciting environment for...