Work for an organization with a name synonymous with progressive technology. Arizona Department of Administration's ASET division has an excellent opportunity for an experienced in-house PHP web developer to help us on several fun, on-going projects. The ideal candidate works with minimal direct supervision in a small team environment and has the capability of working under pressure to meet the deadlines and comfortable in a "high-octane" environment. Selected candidate(s) need experience in the entire software development lifecycle including: requirements, design, development, testing, and deployment. This position reports to the Manager of the applications development team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain websites and functionality for various state agencies;
- Create and enhance database structures in accordance with web application design and reports;
- Develop and promote the use of development standards to improve web security and enhance application design;
- Provide presentations and technical support for clients in relation to web application development;
- Understand user needs, requirements and requests to identify priorities, escalating urgent/conflicting requests;
- Proactively identify, develop and deploy solutions to improve effectiveness of technology delivered materials/information.
- 3 - 4 years of development experience in a LAMP environment (Linux, Apache MySQL, PHP)
- Strong understanding of object-oriented design principles
- Experience with PHP MVC frameworks such as Zend, CakePHP, Symfony, etc.
- Strong database skills
- Experience working on the command line
- Experience with Git, Subversion or other revision control system including merging, branching and tagging
- Experience with standards-based HTML/CSS
- Dependable with a make it happen attitude
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team
- Solution oriented
- Team player in an agile environment.
Demonstrated Knowledge of:
- Web based applications and associated database requirements;
- Relational database design concepts, principles, practices and methods;
- Security/permissions standards;
- Stored procedure methods and techniques;
- Evidence of effective verbal and written communication skills
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or closely related AND three (3) years web and database experience including creating & updating table structures and views as well as CSS development; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
The State of Arizona is state-level government and is the second largest employer in Arizona with over 35,000 employees. The State is...