The PHP Developer will create software using the PHP development platform. The incumbent adheres to the processes and procedures defined by the Web Development Manager and will be expected to contribute to and provide feedback on proposed development requests.
* Develop web applications using PHP frameworks
* Support the business in the creation and maintenance of web tools and online campaigns that would help market and sell academic books, textbooks, ebooks and online materials
* Work with Interaction Designer and Product Manager to develop applications according to the defined specifications
* Work with the Web Development Manager to perform development utilizing the Company's established processes and procedures
* Work with Quality Assurance to identify high-risk areas of systems that require testing.
* Coordinate with management to make sure that schedules are being kept and expectations are realistic.
* Maintain a solid understanding of the group's technical architecture.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job.
EDUCATION: A Bachelor's degree in a relevant field or equivalent work experience.
Taylor & Francis offers a competitive salary and benefits package. EOE/DFWP.
3+ years of experience with:
* PHP (up to and including the latest version) development for websites.
* Object-Oriented Analysis and Design
1+ Years of experience with:
* LINUX variants such as CENTOS, Ubuntu
* Content management systems such as ExpressionEngine
* CSS design and layout
* Software development toolsets such as Jira, Subversion, Confluence
* Jboss 5 and later
* Apache, Tomcat
* Ideal candidate will be able t6o show a strong portfolio of work with examples of their skills and expertise.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Taylor and Francis Group, LLC - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard