The Bureau of Medicine and Surgery provides high quality patient- and family-centered medical care in wartime and peacetime. Civilian healthcare professionals work side-by-side with military medical staff to care for active duty members, their families, and retirees at medical facilities around the globe. Every day, no matter what the environment, Navy Medicine is ready to provide world class care, anytime, anywhere.
This CIVILIAN position is located within the Internal Medicine Department, Directorate for Medical Services, Naval Hospital, Jacksonville FL and serves as an experienced fully trained Physician with specialization in Critical Care and Pulmonary Medicine and as supplemental, a Sleep Medicine Specialist. The mission is to provide health care to the surrounding military community, their eligible family members, eligible DOD civilian employees and other eligible beneficiaries designated by the Government, where the patient is the center of total health care delivery.
A typical day includes:
- Serve as an experienced Physician with specialization in Critical Care and Pulmonary Medicine.
- Perform and interpret a full range of sleep medicine services (if certified/credentialed).
- Resolve critical problems, isolating and defining unknown conditions and developing new approaches in evaluating, examining, diagnosing and treating a wide range of patient presentations and conditions.
- Serve as an attending Physician on all medical patients and all surgical patients.
- Provide Critical Care attending services In the Intensive Care Unit (ICU).
- Serve as teaching staff for the Critical Care/Pulmonary Fellowship training program.
- Malpractice insurance.
- Potential pay incentives (e.g., recruitment, relocation, retention, student loan repayment).
- Lifetime health insurance (Navy pays a portion of your premium, you pay with pre-taxed dollars) you can carry into retirement and include your spouse.
- Dental/vision plans and dependent/healthcare flexible spending accounts.
- 401K-type investment plan w/employer matching and flexibility to retire between 55-57 w/10 years of employment.
- Life insurance (Navy pays a portion of your premium).
- Long term care insurance.
- 13-26 paid vacation days each year, 13 paid sick days each year, 10 paid Federal holidays each year, plus unused vacation/sick days carry over year to year.
- Employee-friendly flexibilities.
HOW TO APPLY:
- MD or DO from an accredited school in the United States or Canada, or ECFMG or Fifth Pathway certificate.
- 2 Years post-residency experience and/or training in Sleep Medicine.
- Completion of residency program in Internal Medicine & Pulmonary Medicine (Critical Care).
- Permanent, full, unrestricted license to practice medicine in any state, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States
- Board certified in a specialty internal medicine and pulmonary medicine directly related to critical care.
- U.S. Citizenship
Email your resume (no SSN or pictures, please) directly to email@example.com and insert HC# 901431 into the subject line.
To apply online or by fax, please visit: https://don-medical.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/351379000 and follow the instructions under the -How to Apply- tab.
APPLY NOW! Applications received on or before 09/16/13 will receive first consideration!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
- 24 months ago - save job