This civilian position is immediately available at the Naval Branch Health Clinic (BHC) in Jacksonville, FL. The BHC strongly promotes the goals of the Navy's health care system and provides outstanding care in a variety of specialties.
Jacksonville, FL boasts over 20 miles of beaches, close to 40 miles of the Intracoastal Waterway canal and the longest stretch of the St. Johns River. Jacksonville is also home to the largest urban park system in the nation, with 10 state and national parks ready to be explored.
The Bureau of Medicine and Surgery provides high quality patient- and family-centered medical care in wartime and peacetime. Civilian healthcare professionals work side-by-side with military medical staff to care for active duty members, their families, and retirees at medical facilities around the globe. Every day, no matter what the environment, Navy Medicine is ready to provide world class care, anytime, anywhere.
In this position, you will perform meaningful professional work in the field of Family Practice.
A typical day includes:
- Providing the full range of medical services for Active Duty Military personnel.
- Examining patients, determining diagnosis and providing treatment, and prescribing medications.
- Promoting preventive and health maintenance care, including annual physicals, positive health behaviors, and self-care skills through education and counseling.
- Participating in peer review and performance improvement activities.
- Provides technical direction and training to nurses, physician assistants, and corpsmen.
- Malpractice insurance.
- Potential pay incentives (e.g., recruitment, relocation, retention, student loan repayment).
- Lifetime health insurance (Navy pays a portion of your premium, you pay with pre-taxed dollars) you can carry into retirement and include your spouse.
- Dental/vision plans and dependent/healthcare flexible spending accounts.
- 401K-type investment plan w/employer matching and flexibility to retire between 55-57 w/10 years of employment.
- Life insurance (Navy pays a portion of your premium).
- Long term care insurance.
- 13-26 paid vacation days each year, 13 paid sick days each year, 10 paid Federal holidays each year, plus unused vacation/sick days carry over year to year.
- Employee-friendly flexibilities.
1. Completion of a Family Practice residency approved by the American specialty board or AOA, board certification in Family Practice, or board eligible in Family Practice.
- U.S. Citizenship
- MD or DO from an accredited school in the United States or Canada, or ECFMG or Fifth Pathways certificate
- Permanent, full, unrestricted license to practice medicine in any state, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States
- At least 5 years of residency training or equivalent experience and training in Family Practice (i.e., 3 year residency and 2 year fellowship and/or experience). Your resume must indicate you have sufficient expertise in Family Practice to perform the core privileges of this position at the GS-15 level. This includes, but is not limited to, the following: examining, diagnosing, and developing and managing patient treatment plans for pediatric to geriatric patients; determining the need for consultation with other specialists; prescribing and dispensing medications; and evaluating the quality of care provided to patients and identifying opportunities to improve care.
- Satisfy BUMEDs clinical privileges requirements which, in addition to the above, includes the following:
2. Current clinical competence (e.g., privileged to independently practice Family Practice within the past 2 years, actively practiced Family Practice within the past 2 years by having encountered a sufficient number of clinical cases to represent a broad spectrum of the privileges required).
3. No health status contraindications to granting clinical privileges
HOW TO APPLY:
- Board Certification is desired, but not required.
Email your resume only (no pictures or SSN, please) directly to firstname.lastname@example.org and insert HC#971667 into the subject line.
To apply online or by fax, please visit: https://don-medical.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/353021400 and follow the instructions under the "How to Apply" tab.
Hurry, apply on or before the cut-off 10/24/13 to receive first consideration!!!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
- 19 months ago - save job