The position is located in the Naval Health Clinic, in Quantico, Virginia. This position is assigned to the Directorate of Branch Health Clinics, Naval Health Clinic, Quantico. As needed, may be required to provide services at the NHCQ Branch Clinics: Officer Candidate School (OCS), The Basic School (TBS), and Washing Navy Yard (WNY) clinics. The mission of the clinic is to provide comprehensive and continuing medical care and health and wellness services to enrolled patients of the uniformed services and other persons authorized by current directives.
The Bureau of Medicine and Surgery provides high quality medical care in wartime and peacetime. Civilian health care professionals work side-by-side with highly trained military medical staff to care for active duty members, their families, and retirees at medical treatment facilities around the globe. Every day, no matter what the environment, Navy Medicine is ready to provide world class care, anytime, anywhere.
Special Position Considerations: Overtime/shift/weekend/holiday work - Rotating shifts, weekends, occasional overtime assignments to supprt the Command mission.
In this position, you will perform meaningful professional work in the field of Family Practice. A typical day includes:
- Responsibility for performing examinations and rendering treatment for patients of all ages with a wide variety of acute or chronic illnesses or injuries
- Assessing and recording the health status of patients
- Determining a clinical diagnosis based on available data and planning/implementing a course of treatment
- Conducting patient/family education with an emphasis on health promotion and prevention of illness/injury
- Participates as a medical expert and committee member of the Marine Corps Base Quantico Family Advocacy Program (FAP)
- Malpractice insurance
- Potential pay incentives (e.g., recruitment, relocation, retention, student loan repayment)
- Lifetime health insurance (Navy pays a portion of your premium, you pay with pre-taxed dollars) you can carry into retirement and include your spouse
- Dental/vision plans and dependent/healthcare flexible spending accounts
- 401K-type investment plan with employer matching and flexibility to retire between 55-57 with 10 years of employment
- Life insurance (Navy pays a portion of your premium)
- Long term care insurance
- 13-26 paid vacation days each year, 13 paid sick days each year, 10 paid Federal holidays each year, plus unused vacation/sick days carry over year to year
- Employee-friendly flexibilities
1. Completion of a Family Practice residency approved by the American specialty board or AOA, board certification in Family Practice, or board eligible in Family Practice
- U.S. Citizenship
- Board Certification is desired, but not required
- MD or DO from an accredited school in the United States or Canada, or ECFMG or Fifth Pathways certificate
- Permanent, full, unrestricted license to practice medicine in any state, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States
- 5 years of residency training in Family Practice or equivalent experience and training (e.g., completion of 3 year Family Practice residency and 2 years of experience as a Family Practice Physician). Please make sure your resume reflects the location, duration, and speciality of your internship, residency, etc.
- Satisfy BUMED's clinical privileges requirements which, in addition to the above, include the follow:
2. Current clinical competence (e.g., privileged to independently practice Family Medicine within the past 2 years, actively practiced Family Medicine within the past 2 years by having encountered a sufficient number of clinical cases to represent a broad spectrum of the privileges required)
3. No health status contraindications to granting clinical privileges
HOW TO APPLY:
Email your resume only (no pictures or SSN, please) directly to email@example.com and insert HC#1006252 into the subject line.
To apply online or by fax, please visit: https://don-medical.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/356698500 and follow the instructions under the the "How to Apply" tab.
Apply now! This position has an early cut-off date of December 23, 2013. Qualified applications received on or before December 23, 2013 will receive first consideration. Qualified applications received after that date will be referred on an as-needed basis.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
HEALTHeCAREERS Network - 30+ days ago