The Bureau of Medicine and Surgery provides high quality patient- and family-centered medical care in wartime and peacetime. Civilian healthcare professionals work side-by-side with military medical staff to care for active duty members, their families, and retirees at medical facilities around the globe. Every day, no matter what the environment, Navy Medicine is ready to provide world class care, anytime, anywhere.
This civilian position is immediately available at Camp Lejeune's Naval Hospital located on the U. S. Marine Corp Base and adjacent to North Carolina's beautiful Southern Outer Banks area. Whether you're driving down streets lined with beautiful Bradford Pear trees in bloom or strolling along the banks of the New River, chances are you'll have the same reactions as thousands before you; this is a great place to live and work!
A typical day includes:
- Review and evaluate clinical case files and a wide variety of medical issues, examine individuals, evaluate the full range of radiology and lab tests, consult with and advise referring specialists, and make diagnosis.
- Prepare medical documentation, reports, summaries, etc.
- Recommend whether the individual should return to duty, be placed on the temporary disabled list, separated from active duty, or medically retired.
- Recommend rate of disability.
- Refer cases to the Physical Evaluation Board.
- Malpractice insurance.
- Potential pay incentives (e.g., recruitment, relocation, retention, student loan repayment).
- Lifetime health insurance (Navy pays a portion of your premium, you pay with pre-taxed dollars) you can carry into retirement and include your spouse.
- Dental/vision plans and dependent/healthcare flexible spending accounts.
- 401K-type investment plan w/employer matching and flexibility to retire between 55-57 w/10 years of employment.
- Life insurance (Navy pays a portion of your premium).
- Long term care insurance.
- 13-26 paid vacation days each year, 13 paid sick days each year, 10 paid Federal holidays each year, plus unused vacation/sick days carry over year to year.
- Employee-friendly flexibilities.
1. Completion of an Emergency, Family, Internal, or Occupational Medicine or Pediatrics residency approved by the American specialty board or AOA, board certification, or board eligible
- U.S. Citizenship
- MD or DO from an accredited school in the United States or Canada, or ECFMG or Fifth Pathways certificate
- Permanent, full, unrestricted license to practice medicine in any state, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States
- 4 years of residency training or equivalent experience and training in Emergency, Family, Internal, or Occupational Medicine or Pediatrics (i.e., 3 yrs. Residency & 1 yr. fellowship and/or experience) Your resume must reflect you have a sufficient level of expertise in Medical Evaluation Boards to perform the core privileges of this position.
- Completion of residency program in Emergency, Family, Internal, or Occupational Medicine or Pediatrics
- Satisfy BUMEDs clinical privileges requirements which, in addition to the above, includes the following:
2. Current clinical competence (e.g., privileged to independently practice as a Medical Evaluation Board Physician within the past 2 years, actively practiced within the past 2 years by having encountered a sufficient number of clinical cases to represent a broad spectrum of the privileges required).
3. No health status contraindications to granting clinical privileges
HOW TO APPLY:
- Board Certification is desired, but not required.
Email your resume only (no pictures or SSN, please) directly to email@example.com and insert HC#955231 into the subject line.
To apply online or by fax, please visit: https://don-medical.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/350975900 and follow the instructions under the "HOW TO APPLY" tab
APPLY NOW! This position has an early cut-off date of 09/10/2013. Qualified applications received on or before 09/10/2013 will be referred first. Qualified applications received after that date will be referred on an as needed basis.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
HEALTHeCAREERS Network - 17 months ago