BCBSFL Developers (DEVs) are responsible for the detail design documentation, development, evaluation and system performance testing, unit testing and maintenance of internally developed and externally purchased applications created for BCBSF business partners.
Job duties include but are not limited to the following:
Minimum Job Qualfications
- Develops business relationships and integrates activities with other IT departments, i.e., Security, Database Administrators, etc., to ensure successful implementation and support of project efforts.
- Provides scope, sizing and estimates time required to complete code and provides this information to the project manager for input to the project plan. Determines impacts and integration points. May participate in capacity planning with project manager or functional manager
- Translates specification document requirements into code. Creates or modifies code for moderately complex system design that may span platforms. Ensures code complies with BCBSF architectural and SDLC standards. Writes scripts to run programs
- Creates application design specification documents from which code will be written. Interfaces with external vendors and customers through crosswalk mapping with different and often complex architecture
- Perform Unit Testing and Prepare Application for Release to Testing Team. Analyze Defects Found in Testing and Fix Coding Errors
- Coordinate Activities with Others on All Phases of SDLC
- Assist with Production Support issues/problems as required. Respond to and resolve production support issues
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/ IT or equivalent work experience
- 4 or more years’ experience translating requirements into technical design specifications, coding components, unit testing, code reviews, change management and release procedures
- Advanced knowledge and experience of System Development Life Cycle (SDLC), product development methodologies, database design concepts and system integration strategies.
- Demonstrated experience with Unix, and Window operating systems
- 3 or more years’ experience programming using PL/SQL with demonstrated proficiency of advanced PL/SQL concepts (Dynamic SQL techniques, Autonomous transactions, bulk collect, bulk binds, xml, collection processing, etc.).
- Demonstrated expertise in creating complex SQL queries for Oracle 10G/11G database.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the creation and maintenance of database objects.(Tables, Procedures, Packages, Triggers, Constraints, etc).
- Demonstrated proficiency in analyzing Explain plans for SQL optimization.
- Experience using SQL Navigator or TOAD to query and preform Oracle Databases related activities.
- Demonstrated experience implementing solid Object-Oriented concepts and practices
- Experience using versioning tools (Rational Clear case or TFS or SVN).
- Working knowledge of standard desktop applications such as MS Office Suite and flowcharting tools such as Visio.
- Proficient communication skills both verbal and written.
's degree in Computer Science/ IT Familiarity with CMS guidelines and regulations Familiarity with Enrollment and Fulfillment system functions. Familiarity with the Diamond Oracle database model, tables, packages, procedures, indexes and triggers. Working knowledge/familiarity of MQ Series concepts and integration with Oracle advanced queuing capabilities Experience with Florida Blue internal processes (JAD/JAR, Gatekeeper Sizing/Scheduling, BART deployments, etc.). Familiarity with file transfer protocols (SFTP, FTP). Experience using Service Manager Experience with forecasting effort and timeframes for developing system capabilities Experience communicating highly detailed and technical information in a concise and understandable way to all levels of the organization. Experience using the Rational Suite
Florida Blue - 6 months ago
Your Health Solutions Company
We’re here for the people of Florida with every aspect of their health and wellness—from the...