Create and manage project management office to develop and manage SHRMs strategic portfolio working with project owners/leaders and leadership and serve as a project and program management subject matter expert within SHRM.
- Define and manage strategic portfolio information including centralized and consistent status and risk analysis and evaluation of new projects and programs for entry into portfolio.
- Meet regularly with strategic initiative leaders/owners to share best practices, drive synergies, gain understanding of progress, identify obstacles to progress, resourcing needs, etc.
- Identify, mitigate and escalate, as appropriate, issues and challenges which could impact the overall SHRM business.
- Serve as neutral point of contact to evaluate and review strategic initiatives (performance, resourcing, risks, etc.) and outline challenges which need to be escalated.
- Liaise with Internal Audit, Finance, Accounting and Organizational Communications to provide input, analysis and reporting concerning the strategic initiatives.
- Identify, evaluate and act as business owner for all appropriate tools and technology in support of project and program management.
- Act as the subject matter expert for project and program management within SHRM supporting strategic initiative leaders and owners.
- Define and deliver project and program management tools and techniques in support of project and program management at all levels of the organization.
- Project and program management including knowledge and familiarity with project management technology and tools, financial analysis and goal setting and measurement.
- Strong relationship building, negotiation, mediation and influencing skills.
- Superior communication and presentation skills with executive level individuals.
- Matrix and indirect management skills.
- Superior knowledge of Microsoft products including proficiency with SharePoint and Access.
- Familiarity with quality initiatives such as ISO and Six Sigma.
- Comfort with interaction with executive and C-suite level individuals.
- Experience with strategic planning cycles and concepts.
The Society for Human Resource Management is an equal opportunity employer (M/F/D/V).
- 10 years of progressive work experience.
- Minimum of 5 years in product, project and/or program management. Minimum of 5 years management experience, preferably in a matrix or indirect management environment. Project management and/or quality certifications, especially Greenbelt credentials, a plus.
No Relocation authorized for this position.
ACCESSIBILITY NOTICE : If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or TDD (703) 548-6990.
washingtonpost.com - 22 months ago