Pacific Harbor Line Railroad is a short-line railroad serving the Ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach for the purpose of facilitating goods movement through the Ports, which together form the largest container port in the United States. PHL operates over 59 track miles in the San Pedro Bay port complex owned by the Ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach within the municipal boundaries of the Cities of Los Angeles and Long Beach.
Pacific Harbor Line Railroad Police Department is seeking qualified individuals who meet the high standards necessary to become a part-time Police Officer/Special Agent. The part-time Police Officer/Special Agent position is responsible for ensuring a safe and secure working environment so that company employees can effectively accomplish their job responsibilities; and for the protection of customers’ cargo, ensuring that it is moved intact and without necessary delay from its origin to its destination.
Some of the duties under this job description include responding to railroad incidents including hazardous material incidents; directing and executing key functions involved in the investigation of all highway grade crossing accidents and third party injuries involving the railroad; directing and executing key functions involved in the investigation of all criminal activities associated with railroad property; protecting customers, vendors and the general public; and participation in railroad operations intended to improve safety around the railroad.
DO NOT CONTACT PACIFIC HARBOR LINE DIRECTLY. For inquiries, please call 714-800-1721.
- Must be at least 21 years of age at the time of application
- Must be in good physical and mental health with no disabling physical condition.
- Must posses a valid California Class C driver's license.
- Must not have history of criminal or improper personal conduct that may affect suitability for police work.
- Must have a current P.O.S.T. certification of a full Police Academy.
1. Initial application
2. Written examination of general skills.
3. Physical Agility Test.
4. Oral Interview.
5. Background Investigation.
6. Medical/Psychological Examinations.
Experienced or retired police officers are encouraged to apply.