The Office of the Chief Information Officer for Health and Human Services is an office located at HRA and reporting directly to the Deputy Mayor for Health and Human Services. This office is responsible for implementing the HHS-Connect Roadmap. The mission of HHS-Connect is to break information silos through the use of modernized technology and coordinated agency practices to more efficiently and effectively provide health and human services to New Yorkers. In furtherance of this mission, HHS-Connect has developed several IT systems, used to link information between several of the HHS Agencies. The Portal Development Manager will be critical in the maintenance of this operation.
The successful candidate will serve as a Portal Development Manager reporting to the HHS Connect Director of Operations and Maintenance. Responsibilities will include:
• Managing software and application development functions.
• Managing performance and capacity management functions.
• Overseeing release management and repository configurations.
• Overseeing code reviews.
• Managing the creation of unit test results reports.
• Managing the coordination of technical resources.
• Mentoring, performing knowledge transfer, providing guidance and direction to
development team members on the technical and functional aspects of Worker Connect.
• Building and deploying Worker Connect application in lower regions.
• Assisting in creating and updating the build scripts required to build Worker Connect
• Acting as an expert technical reference to all the teams involved for Worker Connect
related development, testing and deployment issues.
• Working with application development lead, other team members and stakeholder groups
to provide level of effort for change requests, translating functional requirements into
technical designs and implementing the design.
• Reviewing the existing design, identifying the inaccuracies and providing the estimates to
resolve the same.
• Overseeing running Start and Stop Portal Server.
• Providing management support to development teams.
• Preparing senior level technical reports for executive management.
• Managing special technology projects as assigned.
Minimum Qual Requirements
1. A master's degree in computer science from an accredited college and three years of progressively more responsible, full-time, satisfactory experience using information technology in computer applications programming, systems programming, computer systems development, data telecommunications, database administration, planning of data/information processing, user services, or area networks at least 18 months of this experience must have been in an administrative, managerial or executive capacity in the areas of computer applications programming, systems programming, computer systems development, data telecommunications, data base administration, or planning of data processing or in the supervision of staff performing these duties; or
2. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and four years of experience as described in "1" above; or
3. A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a State's department of education or recognized accrediting organization and six years of experience as described in "1" above; or
4. A satisfactory combination of education and experience equivalent to "1", "2" or "3" above. However, all candidates must have at least a four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a State's department of education or recognized accrediting organization and must possess at least three years of experience as described in "1" above, including the 18 months of administrative, managerial, executive or supervisory experience as described in
Qualification Requirements (continued)
NOTE: The following types of experience are not acceptable: superficial use of preprogrammed software without complex programming, design, implementation or management of the product; use of word processing packages; use of a hand held calculator; primarily the entering or updating of data in a system; the operation of data processing hardware or consoles.
• A Bachelor’s degree in a related IT field.
• Knowledge and experience managing technical architecture and system integration for
• 3-5 years experience with Oracle WebCenter Suite or Weblogic Portal.
Portal or Oracle Web Center Suite.
• Knowledge of Weblogic Application Server, WSRP and Portlet development, QTP, Solaris,
ANT, Rational and Sub version Tools.
• Demonstrated experience working with technical and non-technical staff.
• Exceptional knowledge of Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel, Access,
PowerPoint and Visio.
• Outstanding collaboration and team building skills.
• Strong managerial and problem solving skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent analytic, organization, presentation and facilitation skills.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
• Ability to interface with executive level management and give senior level presentations.
Click "APPLY NOW" Button
New York City Residency is not required for this position
NYC Careers - 2 years ago