Job Summary: As part of our Administrative staff, this position ensures accurate and efficient verification of vendor deliveries, appropriately handling discrepancies on a timely basis. Provides support to the POS Coordinator to ensure that all products have an accurate retail price displayed and that the displayed price accurately correlates with the price represented in the front-end system. This position is based at the location listed above, but it will be necessary to travel to our other store locations in the Puget Sound area as needed.
Specific Job Duties:
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
Skills Required / Qualifications:
- Effectively maintains receiving hours according to company guidelines.
- Controls the flow of vendor traffic through the receiving area and onto the sales floor.
- Physically checks and verifies all merchandise to ensure that the items listed on vendor invoices meet company guidelines for quality, count, and condition.
- Verifies that all vendor invoices include legible pricing and are properly extended.
- Communicates to appropriate manager any significant difficulties or situations that arise; exercises appropriate judgment.
- Properly handles damaged and spoiled products according to company guidelines; assists in controlling the level of damaged goods through proper receiving procedures.
- Demonstrates efficient knowledge of products; properly and accurately identifies item descriptions, sizes, and prices.
- Records invoices accurately on Receiving Log, prevents internal and external loss.
- Complies with all safety standards and procedures.
- Controls the flow of traffic through receiving doors and has primary responsibility for the security of the receiving areas.
- Demonstrates accountability, dependability and flexibility; meets attendance requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Store Director, Assistant Store Director.
- Performs price validation in accordance with the price validation policy.
- Ensures that all products have a legible price displayed for them.
- According to policy, prints and hangs price tags and signs in the proper sequence, and in a timely fashion. Ensures tag/sign displayed is consistent with presentation standards.
- Works effectively and relates well with others, including supervisors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside of the Company; exhibits a professional manner in dealing with others, and works to build and maintain constructive working relationships; accepts and applies constructive feedback in a professional and effective manner that enhances performance and resolves performance deficiencies.
- Seeks out opportunities to learn and improve skills.
Candidates will be selected from applicants having the best combination of the following qualifications:
It is the policy of Food Markets Northwest, Inc. d.b.a. Metropolitan Market and its members to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, gender, age, genetic information, creed, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability or any other bases protected under applicable local, state, or federal law.
- Strong math skills; proven ability to reconcile numeric data.
- Proven success as a team member; demonstrates an exceptional work ethic.
- Demonstrates a high-level of self-motivation; takes initiative.
- Proven ability to multi-task and consistently produce quality results in fast-paced, demanding situations.
- Proven ability to work and communicate effectively with diverse groups of people. Exceptional customer service skills required.
- Strong time management and organizational skills a must. Ability to effectively prioritize tasks required.
- Able to lift and carry 50 pounds.
- Able to work flexible shifts, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Possesses a minimum beginning proficiency in data-entry, relating to Lotus 123 or MS Excel.
- Keyboarding (minimum of 35WPM) and 10-key skills required.
- Analytical and problem solving skills required; attention to detail necessary.
- Proven ability to follow directions and apply feedback.
- Proven ability to interact and perform all job responsibilities with professionalism and confidentiality essential.
- Exemplary attendance record.
Metropolitan Market - 30+ days ago