Williams-Sonoma, Inc is looking for a senior Point of Sale Technologist to lead our POS team. The successful candidate should have demonstrated skill in leading and mentoring a retail POS team. Candidate should have experience managing internal relationships both within the IT organization and with business partners. Candidate will have experience working on multiple projects simultaneously involving both internal and contract resources. |
Performs a senior developer role in the development and support of large/complex solutions, or several small solutions. Requires little or no direction. Demonstrates a strong understanding of key business drivers & ensures technical solutions deliver business value in line with company objectives. Has strong technical expertise and provides scoping, estimating, planning, design, development, and support services to a project. Can offer leadership of a team for technical projects or project lead components of a larger project. Provides the thought leadership within IT to advise the business, mentor staff, and leverage industry best practices.
* Lead solution design, development, test support and deployment preparation of POS related solutions in the stores area.
*Oversee and provide guidance to other internal and external resources.
*Ensure solutions provided are technically sound and meet business requirements and IT standards
*Document and present solution alternatives to clients, which support business processes and business objectives
*Responsible for communicating to management on status, problems, issues and underlying process problems
*Demonstrate a strong understanding of key business drivers and ensure technical solutions deliver business value in line with the company objectives
*Can perform independently and guide, assist or mentor others in analyzing, designing, coding, testing, debugging, documenting, and installing a large/complex or several smaller solutions
*Provide prioritization, planning, estimating, work assignments, quality assurance and mentoring at any stage of a project
*Track progress and intervene as needed to eliminate barriers and ensure delivery
*Demonstrate anticipation and initiative in the planning for and management of problems
*Resolve or escalate problems, and manage risk for both development and production support
*Coordinate vendors and contractors for specific projects or systems
*Review the technical work of other team members
*Maintain deep knowledge and awareness of technical & industry best practices and trends, especially in technology & methodologies
*Ensure that good business relationships are maintained with multiple clients and other IT departments to ensure successful implementation and support of project efforts
* BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
* 8+ years of experience analyzing, designing, coding, testing, configuring, installing and maintaining complex POS and associated Store Systems programs.
* SAP Point of Sale (Triversity) experience strongly desired
* Ability to exercise judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criterion for obtaining results.
* Demonstrated leadership in instructing, guiding and overseeing the work of team members.
* Strong interpersonal skills.
* Strong planning and organizational skills.
* Considerable business knowledge in the retail industry.
* Enough practical experience to train others in decision-making, risk assessment, job knowledge, analysis, and project management.
* Experienced with people development, interviewing, and directing others.
* Technical expertise in required fields, e.g., data analysis, data design, system design, enterprise application integration, software testing, documentation.
*Knowledge of XML, Web Services, scripting languages
*Understanding of SOA Architecture
*Windows environment, SQL server, .NET
Epicureans are at home at Williams-Sonoma, a leading multi-channel retailer of high-end goods for well-appointed kitchens, bedrooms, and...