Perform maintenance, preventive maintenance, and alterations to Panasonic Avionics Corporation (PAC) In-flight Entertainment Systems on aircraft subjected to Federal Aviation Regulations Part 121, 127 or 135, or 145 to include: troubleshooting and testing of electronic assemblies and units, the removal and replacement of electronic assemblies, units or cabling while installed in the aircraft and the modification/alteration of installed equipment.
Aircraft/IFE Maintenance and Support
• Perform built-in test (BIT) and manual test of Panasonic Avionics Corporation IFE systems.
• Troubleshoot electronic units, cabling or seat consoles in which failures occur down to the line replaceable modules, using knowledge of electronic theory.
• Identify necessary repairs to restore functional acceptance, which may require the removal and replacement of defective line replaceable modules and/or cabling.
• Operate a vehicle on airport property and around aircraft.
• Operate airline communications equipment.
• Communicate and interface with customer.
• Document the testing and repairs using computer and bar-coding equipment.
• Receive and prepare parts.
• Assist in tracking the spares inventory.
• Perform other reasonable related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor or upper management.
• Must hold a valid driver’s license.
• Ability to read, comprehend and follow instructions, procedures, blueprints, diagrams, manuals and to comprehend and follow verbal instruction.
• Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook (MS products).
• Knowledge of electronic and troubleshooting generally acquired through commercial aviation, military experience or technical school education combined with one or two years of related industry experience.
• Ability to work in a high-stress, high-pressure environment.
• Determines methods and procedures on new assignments.
• Works on problems of moderate to diverse scope requiring considerable judgment and initiative.
• Understands implications of work and makes recommendations for solutions.
• As a skilled specialist, completes tasks in resourceful and effective ways.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• 1 -3 years related industry experience preferred.
• A&P (airframe & powerplant) mechanic license as outlined in FAR Part 65.
• Current and valid driver’s license required.
• Ability to pass extensive security and background checks.
• May require both international and domestic travel, up to 25 % of time, to other line station locations to provide relief from time to time as required.
• Must be able to work any shift, weekends and holidays.
• Manual dexterity to grasp and work with tool parts and equipment.
• Ability to climb and work from ladder or platform, and endure sitting, standing, bending or twisting for extended periods and ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
• Ability to operate under extreme weather conditions and in confined spaces for extended periods.
• Ability to cope with environmental conditions which may include exposure to congestion and varying noise levels.
• Climb and work from ladder or platforms.
Panasonic - 10 months ago