The PR/MarComms Specialist will own the management and execution of activities and tasks related to the company's media relations, social outreach, media pitching, internal/external meetups, event sponsorships and speaking engagements. This role will report to our PR Manager and work closely with other internal marketing teams and company departments (Content, Sales, Product, Creative, HR, Customer Solutions) to develop, produce and release relevant, newsworthy content. Success in this role is measured by increasing the company's overall presence, locally, regionally and nationally, among our target customers and related industries.
Our team includes smart people who appreciate talented goal seekers, continuous learning, experimentation and a passion for creating and implementing cutting edge solutions. This role will provide exposure to and experience across multiple disciplines within the marketing and technology fields.
- Minimum of 2-4 years in an Public Relations or Marketing Communications role, specifically within an agency/product /technology environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field (Advertising, PR, Marketing, Communications) preferred.
- Superior writing skills and competent in AP style writing (writing samples required).
- Experience in crisis communications.
- Comfortable working in an informal, high-energy team environment with the ability to be proactive and extremely detail-oriented.
- Proven ability to effectively work cross-functionally across the company.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills; particular to a fast-moving, culture-centric environment.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects/demands simultaneously.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) across varying disciplines and responsibilities.
- Proven results as both a team player and independent contributor.
- Support the execution of AWeber's Public Relations plan.
- Support all media contacts requesting data and insights.
- Coordinate and manage event sponsorships, meetups and other events where AWeber has a presence.
- Serve as point of contact for any 3rd party vendors or partners.
- Leverage your media pitching experience to establish AWeber as a key email technology player in national, regional and local media markets.
- Establish processes to generate steady volume of press releases and promote within the appropriate channels.
- Work with marketing writers and PR writers to develop, solicit and place contributed articles, bylines, editorials and other key mentions.
- Support with management crisis communication situations.
- Manage scheduling, coordination and execution of AWeber events and other non-sponsored events that may occur on AWeber premises.
- Support execution of social media content in close operation with the marketing team.
- Support the media training of staff.
- Promote key media and analyst coverage internally and externally to leverage coverage that supports marketing and sales campaigns.
- Establish operational objectives and work plans for the PR team.
- Work with internal video team to create, produce and host packaged stories that will promote and cover AWeber events and happenings.
- Regularly interact with senior management and executive levels on collateral content, media interviews and other public facing initiatives.
We develop and manage email marketing and newsletter software for over 120,000 small businesses, bloggers, agencies, nonprofits, and entrepreneurs around the world.
We're in Chalfont, PA, nestled in the heart of scenic Bucks County, in the suburbs of Philadelphia. While this position may require occasional travel, the majority of your time will be spent working on-site with AWesome people in our state-of-the-art headquarters. So you'll need to be located in the Philadelphia area or willing to relocate here.
- 100% Company Paid PPO medical, dental, vision, insurance. (including domestic partner benefits).
- Company Paid Short Term Disability Insurance.
- Company Paid Life Insurance.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Fully Reimbursed Gym Memberships.
- 3 weeks paid time off (plus increases in paid time off).
- Paid holidays.
- Shuttle service to/from local SEPTA station.
- 401K retirement benefits with company match and profit sharing.
- Free lunches every day.
- Break rooms stocked with soda, juices, coffee and teas.
- MacBook Pro laptops and 30" monitors.
- Multiple high definition theater rooms fully equipped with Xbox, Wii & Blu-ray players.
- A game room with competition billiard, foosball, and ping-pong tables.
AWeber - 11 months ago
Headquartered in Chalfont, Pennsylvania, AWeber Communications is an application service provider that manages opt-in email follow-up and...