Management Information Systems (MIS), Office of Enterprise Networking, Division of HRA Infrastructure, Unix Services is recruiting for a Computer Associate (S) level II to function as a Principal Programmer Analyst, who will:
* Participate in the installation, customization, testing, implementation and support of the
Agency’s extremely complex hybrid Linux-based VoIP infrastructure environment.
* Participate in developing highly complex technical preliminary recommendations regarding
strategic VoIP infrastructure planning, consolidation, expansion and acquisition needs.
* Assist in instructing or demonstrating to staff members and customers the proper, efficient
usage and/or installation of highly complex VoIP systems and/or related Linux software.
* Assist in relaying technical information on the capabilities and/or limitations of Linux-based
VoIP hardware and/or software to customer areas.
* Participate in developing contingency plans for VoIP infrastructure growth and the upgrade of
hybrid Linux-based appliances.
Minimum Qual Requirements
(1) A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college, including or supplemented by twenty-four (24) semester credits in computer science or a related computer field and one (1) year of satisfactory fulltime computer software experience in computer systems development and analysis, applications programming, database administration, systems programming or data communications; or
(2) A four year high school diploma or its educational equivalent and five (5) years of full-time satisfactory computer software experience as described in “1” above; or
(3) A satisfactory combination of education and experience that is equivalent to "1" or "2" above. College education may be substituted for up to two years of the required experience in "2" above on the basis that sixty (60) semester credits from an accredited college is equated to one year of experience. In addition, twenty-four (24) semester credits from an accredited college or graduate school in computer science or a related field, or a certificate of at least 625 hours in computer programming from an accredited technical school (post high school), may be substituted for one year of experience. However, all candidates who attempt to qualify under option “3” must have at least a four year high school diploma or its educational equivalent and at least two years of satisfactory full-time computer software experience as described in “1” above.
To receive credit, all college credits in computer science or a related computer field and/or the certificate in computer programming must be listed in Section A.6 on page 2 of the Education and Experience Test Paper.
Some examples of unacceptable experience are: End users of a computer system, program or software package; experience in the areas of computer technical support, computer operations; data entry/data retrieval; pure quality assurance (QA) auditing and
analysis; hardware installation; help desk; teaching; telecommunications; experience in productivity software products (e.g. word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, and database software, etc.); superficial use of preprogrammed software without
complex programming, design and implementation.
Click the apply now button.
Regular work hours.
New York City Residency is not required for this position
NYC Careers - 17 months ago