The ED/CDU RN position exists to give direct, primary patient care to Kaiser Permanente members and non-members seeking care in the Emergency Department and Clinical Decision Unit.
- Demonstrate and apply required skill sets and clinical knowledge/practice in the patient care setting which can include administration of medications, treatments, and interventions at the direction of the Physician, participate in the discharge process, assist with performing ADL's (bathing, repositioning, feeding, ambulation, safe transfer, and transportation of patients of any acuity). Will delegate to ancillary personnel per their Scope of Practice and evaluate outcomes
- Respond to emergent/crisis situations following BCLS/ACLS/PALS guidelines and as directed by the Physician. Will utilize all available equipment to assist in the stabilization of critically ill or injured patients
- Must demonstrate compassion and empathy to their patients and families. Must have a "customer first" attitude. Must work well with other department disciplines
- Demonstrate critical thinking in the patient care setting. Must recognize when to report to the Physician when patient outcomes change, are questionable, or improves
- Demonstrate sound pharmacological knowledge. Assess for desired/unexpected post-medication outcomes and react accordingly
- Knowledgeable of the requirements for transfer of patients to other Emergency Departments, in-patient acute-and chronic-care facilities
- Graduate of NLN-accredited School of Nursing
- Current, active, and unrestricted license as a Registered Nurse in the State of Ohio is required
- Current BCLS certification from the American Heart Association is required
- Must have ACLS certification from the American Heart Association within six months of hire
- Must have PALS certification from the American Heart Association within twelve months of hire
- One year of emergency department or critical care experience preferred to qualify for ED position
- One year of clinical nursing in the previous five years preferred to qualify for the CDU position
*Position is a PRN position
America’s leading not-for-profit health plan, Kaiser Permanente serves more than 9 million people from 37 hospitals and 611...