Georgia-Pacific creates long-term value by using resources efficiently to provide innovative products and solutions that meet the needs of customers and society, while operating in a manner that is environmentally and socially responsible, and economically sound. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia-Pacific is one of the world's leading manufacturers and marketers of building products, tissue, packaging, paper, cellulose and related chemicals. The company employs more than 30,000 people at approximately 300 locations in North and South America.
The Process Control Technician performs all product testing associated with quality certification of finished product coming out of the OSB plant in Fordyce, Arkansas, with a primary focus on product testing. Maintains timely and accurate computerized records of test results and data. Performs testing equipment calibration using computer software. Works directly with 3rd party certification personnel to submit samples for outside testing and data analysis. Participates in development of new products, product trials, and maintaining raw material supplies. Has the desire and ability to progress toward a supervisory role.
- Bachelor's degree in chemistry or related science is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or certification in Forestry or Wood Science is highly desirable
- At least 1 year of performing analytical laboratory tests or 3 years of quality control experience in manufacturing
Please attach resume
- Ability to analyze Formaldehyde test results and identify contributing variables and work directly with operations on quality issues related to testing and analysis
- Use of Statistical Methods desired
- Database and Spreadsheet skills strongly preferred
- Must communicate well and have the ability to support and work directly with Production Supervisors
- Must have excellent leadership communication skills
- Must be committed to creating an environment that is safe and that presents no hazards to colleagues
- Problem solving and root cause analysis skills
- Competent with Microsoft Office software and computerized maintenance management system, understands continuous improvement with ability to work with contractors, hourly production persons and senior plant management.
Georgia-Pacific - 13 months ago