INVISTA is a subsidiary of Koch Industries, Inc., one of the world's largest privately-held companies. Koch companies employ about 67,000 people and have a presence in nearly 60 countries.
Job Responsibilities & Expectations:
Successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
Strong technical and communication skills in order that equipment and processes are operated as safely, efficiently, and consistently as possible.
Required Experience & Skills:
- Responsible for day to day outside operation of process and/or utilities operating equipment including start-up and shut-down, sampling, equipment checks, preventative maintenance, and maintenance set-ups.
- Responsible for ensuring that the equipment operation, sample integrity, and reports are in compliance with our permit requirements.
- Demonstrated commitment to compliance through; training compliance, Code of Conduct, regulatory performance such as Title V observations, thorough participation and execution of Safe Work Permits, sample analyses, data entry, and adherence to environmental regulations and policies.
- Commitment to safety through demonstrated personal safe work practices, attendance and participation in safety meetings and audits, compliance with safety procedures, ability to identify safety issues and demonstrated follow through to get these issues corrected.
- Demonstrated commitment to value creation through thorough involvement in the Operation Excellence work processes including; Quality notifications, Improvement ideas, PGR’s, Value added tasks, FIY, OAM.
- Monitors safety, energy, quality, production parameters in the area of responsibility
- Assurance that special operating instructions are adhered to
- Coordination of equipment for daily maintenance schedule
- Participate in MOC (management of change), PSSR (pre-startup safety review) and RCFA (root cause failure analysis) as required
- Candidates must demonstrate excellent troubleshooting skills and good decision making during routine and non-routine situations.
- This individual must be a self-starter who actively participates to achieve scorecard objectives and displays a commitment to continuous improvement.
A minimum of three years of chemical operator experience working at INVISTA’s Wilmington, NC facility.
Preferred Experience & Skills:
- Previously held at least two process operator area certifications at the INVISTA’s Wilmington, NC facility within the last year.
A minimum of five years of chemical operator experience working at INVISTA’s Wilmington, NC facility
INVISTA is one of the world's largest integrated producers of polymers and fibers, primarily for nylon, spandex, and polyester applications. Operating in more than 20 countries, INVISTA delivers exceptional value for its customers through market insights, technology innovations and a powerful portfolio of global trademarks including LYCRA® fiber, COOLMAX® fabric, CORDURA® fabric, ANTRON® carpet fiber and STAINMASTER® carpet. You may not realize it, but INVISTA's products play a role in nearly every aspect of your life, for example INVISTA fibers may be in your carpet, clothing or bedding--and INVISTA polymers may be in your car, food packaging or camping gear. We transform daily life through innovations that create long-term value for our customers and society. You can be a part of the difference by joining the INVISTA team.
- Currently holds at a least one lead process operator area certification at the INVISTA’s Wilmington, NC facility
- Currently holds at least two process operator area certifications at the INVISTA’s Wilmington, NC facility
We are an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
INVISTA S.à r.l.
Koch Industries, Inc. - 2 years ago
INVISTA is one of the world's largest integrated producers of polymers and fibers, primarily for nylon, spandex and polyester applications....