The Finance Department is responsible for the treasury, purchasing, budgeting, accounting, bursar, payables and post award grant administration for this doctoral research university. Tufts is comprised of 12 colleges and schools spanning three campuses, enrolling approximately 5,000 undergraduate students, almost 2,500 students in graduate programs, and nearly 1,800 professional school students. With over $2 billion in assets, the University's operating budget totals $700 million and the five-year capital budget is $260 million. The University's finance activities reflect Tufts' complexity, depth and breadth and also its entrepreneurial spirit in a decentralized organizational environment.
The Program Manager is a newly created position to oversee all international safety and compliance related issues faced by Tufts University. The Program Manager will be a resource for all university-related international travel and will work with various individuals, schools and departments to develop appropriate policies and procedures to address safety and compliance exposures. Specific responsibilities include:
• providing ongoing support, education, and training to students, faculty and staff to build an international safety and compliance program awareness throughout the university. This includes ensuring awareness of State Department restrictions and following alerts in troubled areas where Tufts travelers are or may be traveling to;
• developing an intranet site for international travel to include, but not limited to, the following: international travel registration process, health and safety training modules, "how to be a good traveler abroad" modules, online quiz following each module, a certificate of completion issued for registering the trip abroad and for taking the online modules and to collect feedback upon return to enhance our international travel program process and experience;
• developing a process to ensure Tufts travelers are complying with all applicable foreign and domestic laws/rules/regulations regarding trips abroad. This will involve working with various internal departments including, but not limited to, Procurement, HR, Grants, Tax, Public Safety, Disbursement, and Legal;
• monitoring, following up, and addressing with appropriate internal/external personnel matters pertaining to international travel claims, incidents, exposures, and compliance issues relating to Tufts members traveling abroad;
• collaborating with Public Safety and other departments/schools in developing emergency protocols around international incidents.
• Bachelor's degree
• Minimum of five (5) years of general program management experience
• Experience using Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint
• Excellent communications and presentation skills
The ideal candidate will have strong customer service skills, be an adept multi-tasker, have superb presentation skills and the ability to make sound decisions. It is also desired for this individual to have five (5) years of program management experience at a university or college with a similar complexity as Tufts. A Bachelor's degree in business or public administration from an accredited college/university. An MBA, MPA, or other relevant advanced degree from an accredited college/university. Proven leadership experience in developing, implementing, and managing a formal international travel program. Pertinent licenses or credentials relating to international safety or compliance.
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
Standard work week is Monday to Friday 9:00am to 5:00pm. The hours are subject to change based on seasonal demand and workload. Occasional travel may be required to attend off-campus meetings or conferences.
Tufts University is an AA/EO employer and actively seeks candidates from diverse backgrounds.
LatinosInHigherEd.Com - 20 months ago