The Programmer Analyst designs, analyzes, codes, tests, documents, and implements functionally appropriate, technically sound, and well-integrated application systems of high complexity. This individual will be responsible for custom application development for business functions including marketing, finance, casino operations.
These initiatives will be done in accordance with department policies, procedures, and standards to support information systems development and maintenance.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Must adhere to the Seminole Tribe's Policies and Procedures
• Analyzes, designs, and programs viable solutions of medium to highly complex business problems defined by user requirements
• Codes, tests, debugs, documents and implements medium to highly complex software applications
• Performs all levels of unit integration and user acceptance testing
• Reviews detailed functional specifications from the user community
• Plans and manages projects within allocated resources
• Develops time estimates for project schedules
• Assumes responsibility for the content of formal design reviews
• Provides timely and accurate progress information to project status reports
• Assumes responsibility for application support and immediate response to production program problems
• Provides technical assistance to other developers and systems analysts when needed
• Complies with SDLC requirements appropriate to the assignment
• Prepares and distributes weekly, monthly and ad hoc reports that analyze casino data
• Create, assign and verify internal and external tracking links
• Works on multiple high priority projects concurrently
• Employs productivity aids in all aspects of assignments
• Maintains and enhances technical skills through formal and on-the-job training
• Designs and develops points of integration and interface to other applications
• Opens up problem reporting tickets and accurately uses all problem tracking software systems
• Responds to and assists with other problem tickets as required
• Adheres to other defined SOPs as required
• Performs other duties as assigned
Skills & Experience Requirements:
• Bachelors degree preferred or equivalent experience
• 4-8 years related experience – in an IT development organization – recommended
• Web development, graphic design or related field.
• Development experience in Microsoft Team Foundation Server environment.
• Development experience with .NET framework, including C#.Net.
• Familiarity with MS SQL 2003, 2005, and 2008
• Additional experience with web front end and development technologies including but not limited to HTML, Java Script, Flash, PHP, and XML.
• Experience with message queue applications
• Experience with development of integration applications and web services
• General understanding of technology infrastructure and application performance monitoring
• Strong working knowledge of system development life cycle and methodologies
• Efficient in one or more programming languages with excellent writing skills
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to deal with a diverse range of people, which includes the upper levels of corporate management
• Self sufficient, requiring limited supervision over job knowledge, expectations and successful project completion
Seminole Gaming - 19 months ago