Partners with Technology Managers and Directors to lead Technology programs in support of the Department's strategic plan. Viewed as a project/program leadership resource responsible for driving analysis, recommendations, decisions, and delivery.
Work activities include:
- Creates integrated work plans and scheduled to drive and support the assessment of complex projects and moderately complex programs.
- Proactively monitors risks, issues, and scope, ensuring the appropriate level of priority, visibility, and escalation.
- Leverages tools and implements appropriate gauges (velocity, budget, schedule, etc) to evaluate and communicate project/program status.
- Drives and supports definition, delivery, and measurement of complex projects and moderately complex programs.
- Drives research, analysis and development for new Departmental/Business opportunities.
- Coordinates industry and competitive research analysis to ensure the delivery of functionality that meets Departmental/Business needs.
- Delivers presentations to Technology Managers and Directors on a regular basis.
- Leads matrix teams of 15 - 50 people through significant change processes.
May perform other job duties as directed by the Employee's leader.
Must be able to meet any physical ability requirements listed on this description.
High School Diploma, GED or equivalent education required.
Must be at least 18 years of age.
Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
College degree in Technology, Finance, Business or related field preferred.
Must have a minimum of 7 years of experience in information Technology.
Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience leading large Teams of 15 or more Employees, driving and delivering complex projects and programs.
Minimum of 5 years Project Management experience.
Minimum of 5 years hands-on airline business knowledge with regard to Reservation system functionality, including technical aspects and industry standard protocols a must.
Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Minimum of 1 year working with multiple technology delivery methodologies (SDL, Agile/Scrum) and able to articulate when each is most suitable.
Must have PMP Certification.
Must be able to comply with Company attendance standards as described in established guidelines.
Must have proficient knowledge of strategic and financial analysis.
Must have proven analytical and quantitative skills; experience with spreadsheets or other quantitative modeling.
Ability to assume a high level of responsibility and to provide direction in a team-oriented environment.
Ability to properly manage highly sensitive and confidential information.
Ability to contend with the range and complexity of large Departmental/Business problems.
Ability to plan and drive complex projects and moderately complex programs to completion.
Ability to understand corporate financial analysis and financial statements.
Ability to partner and work effectively with Managers and Directors to develop and implement Departmental and Company plans.
Ability to develop and deliver presentations to audiences of 15+ People.
Must have strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate complex issues in a structured and concise manner.
Ability to identify and resolve complex issues.
Ability to design and conduct analyses, as well as synthesize recommendations.
Must maintain a well-groomed appearance.
Southwest Airlines Co. (Southwest) is a passenger airline that provides scheduled air transportation in the United States. As of December...