Management Information Systems (MIS)/Office of Development Services Systems, Division of Internet Systems & Imaging Support is recruiting for a Computer Specialist (S) Level IV to function as a Project Director, who will:
Browser-based systems and have the ability to design systems so as to take full
- Manage the development and implementation of highly complex objected oriented and
advantage of the technologies involved.
satisfaction developing systems such as Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP),
- Coordinate the activities of advanced developers to ensure system integrity and user
Substance Abuse Tracking and Reporting System (STARS), Daily Timekeeping System
(DTS), Disabilities Services Program (DSP), Training Provider Tracking System (TPTS),
and Stimulus Employment and Reporting Tracking System (SERTS).
the system, demonstrate the functionality of the system and incorporate suggestions and
- Initiate meeting to convey to both MIS and Program Area Senior Management the goals of
enhancements into the system.
and nested reports
- Supervise staff in the generation of reports, including screen prints, composite reports,
Browser-based development tools. Include Image repository management, Indexing and
- Utilize and manage the HRA-wide Imaging systems and supervise integration with
Retrieval in any HRA wide solution.
Imaging and Data Communication type of systems.
- Manage the integration of current technologies such as ActiveX, XML and Java with both
Minimum Qual Requirements
(1) A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college, including or supplemented by twenty-four (24) semester credits in computer science or a related computer field and two (2) years of satisfactory full-time software experience in designing, programming, debugging, maintaining, implementing, and enhancing computer software applications, systems programming, systems analysis and design, data communication software, or database design and programming, including one year in a project leader capacity or as a major contributor on a complex project; or
(2) A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent and six (6) years of full-time satisfactory software experience as described in “1" above, including one year in a project leader capacity or as a major contributor on a complex project; or
(3) A satisfactory combination of education and experience that is equivalent to (1) or (2) above. College education may be substituted for up to two years of the required experience in (2) above on the basis that sixty (60) semester credits from an accredited college is equated to one year of experience. A masters degree in computer science or a related computer field may be substituted for one year of the required experience in (1) or (2) above. However, all candidates must have a four year high school diploma or its educational equivalent, plus at least one (1) year of satisfactory full-time software experience in a project leader capacity or as a major contributor on a complex project.
NOTE: In order to have your experience accepted as Project Leader or Major Contributor experience, you must explain in detail how your experience qualifies you as a project leader or as a major contributor. Experience in computer operations, technical support, quality assurance (QA), hardware installation, help desk, or as an end user will not be accepted for meeting the minimum qualification
To be eligible for placement in Assignment Level IV, in addition to the Qualification Requirements stated above, individuals must have one year of satisfactory experience in a project leader capacity or as a major contributor on a complex project in data administration, database management systems, operating systems, data communications systems, capacity planning, and/or on-line applications programming.
Click "APPLY NOW" Button
New York City Residency is not required for this position
NYC Careers - 2 years ago