The Office of Data Reporting and Analysis is recruiting for two (2) City Research Scientists II, to function as a Project Manager, who will:
• Participate in researching and expanding the data analysis, reporting and performance
measurement systems of the Human Resources Administration (HRA).
• Provide research and analytical support at all project phases, including planning, design,
development, testing and the automation of reporting systems.
• Research and understand the data and measurement needs of program areas to effectively
manage their programs and plan strategies for improvement.
• Collaborate with program areas to understand operational flows, which may include site
visits and interviews of program staff.
• Work with program areas and Management Information Systems (MIS) to determine the
availability and feasibility of data.
• Utilize both program and administrative data to develop report indicators that measure
administrative efficiencies and program outcomes.
Minimum Qual Requirements
1. For Assignment Level I (only physical, biological and environmental sciences and public health) A master's degree from an accredited college or university with a specialization in an appropriate field of physical, biological or environmental science or in public health.
To be appointed to Assignment Level II and above, candidates must have:
1. A doctorate degree from an accredited college or university with specialization in an appropriate field of physical, biological, environmental or social science and one year of full-time experience in a responsible supervisory, administrative or research capacity in the appropriate field of specialization; or
2. A master's degree from an accredited college or university with specialization in an appropriate field of physical, biological, environmental or social science and three years of responsible full-time research experience in the appropriate field of specialization; or
3. Education and/or experience which is equivalent to "1" or "2" above. However, all candidates must have at least a master's degree in an appropriate field of specialization and at least two years of experience described in "2" above. Two years as a City Research Scientist Level I can be substituted for the experience required in "1" and "2" above.
Appointments to this position are subject to a minimum probationary period of one year.
• Knowledge of federal and state social service programs.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Click the “Apply Now” button.
9am - 5pm
New York City residency is generally required within 90 days of appointment. However, City Employees in certain titles who have worked for the City for 2 continuous years may also be eligible to reside in Nassau, Suffolk, Putnam, Westchester, Rockland, or Orange County. To determine if the residency requirement applies to you, please discuss with the agency representative at the time of interview.