Responsible for the coordination and management of engineering, purchasing and construction activities throughout the life of a combination of small, medium and large projects. Projects can include renovation, major repair and replacement, building additions and new buildings throughout the university. Apply strong project management skills, knowledge of engineering and construction practices, applicable codes and standards, organization, teamwork and conmmunication to implement successful projects. Prime responsibility for maintaining satisfied customers and meeting project goals for cost, schedule and functionality. Provide general mechanical expertise to various department initiatives and activities.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering or related field or a combination of equivalent education and work experience
- At least five (5) years of increasingly responsible work experience in the administration of mechanical and multi-trade projects
- Working knowledge of graphic presentation, specification writing, architectural, mechanical and electrical detailing, construction management and scheduling, contract administration, building codes, energy codes, fire codes, disability codes, plumbing, mechanical and boiler codes as applied to construction & remodeling of buildings.
- Ability to plan and organize the phasing of a large construction project
- Ability to coordinate and integrate mechanical systems into the architectural and structural planning of buildings
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Central Michigan University - 19 months ago
Academic advancement is central at Central Michigan University (CMU). It offers undergraduate, graduate, and professional coursework in...