Under general supervision, achieves and maintains the highest possible standard of cleanliness throughout the contracted facility while maintaining good public relations with employees, client’s staff and all people concerned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Manage the day-to-day operations of your assigned site including hiring, firing and training custodial staff.
2. Ensure that all areas serviced by Diamond Contract Services are left in clean, aseptic conditions.
3. Coordinate and schedule staff to keep client’s facility consistent and within cleaning specifications.
4. Assist in maintaining the Diamond quality and safety standards through the direct supervision of front line lead technicians and custodial personnel.
5. Seek to establish the highest possible public relations with employees and client’s staff.
6. Handle complaints quickly, thoroughly, and effectively.
7. Maintain all controls of supervisor reports, weekly inspections and staff.
8. Train all new and existing personnel in the Diamond Contract Services’ cleaning techniques, cleaning products and equipment.
9. Train staff in safety programs.
10. Uphold the Philosophy and Objectives of Diamond Contract Services.
11. Perform other duties as assigned.
12. Maintain confidentiality in all matters.
1. Provides supervision and work direction to custodial personnel.
2. Ensures that employees are properly in uniform and wearing the appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) on a daily basis.
3. Collect and review employee timesheets for accuracy and completeness before submitting to Management for payroll processing.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
To be successful in this position, the incumbent must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
Education and Experience:
Graduation from Accredited University with some work experience is required.(Education requirements may be waived in lieu of additional professional experience.)
Three or more years related experience in a janitorial or custodial company or other service-related organization with some supervisory or managerial responsibilities is preferred.
1. Understand, speak, read and write English to communicate and interact effectively with management, co-workers and customers.
2. Understand and speak Spanish is desired.
3. The ability to read, understand and communicate safety rules, regulations, procedures, inspection lists, charts, chemical compounds and work directions.
4. The ability to work safely in accordance with company and job site safety procedures.
5. The ability to provide work direction to others both verbally and in writing.
6. The ability to work flexible hours including weekends and evenings to meet the demands of the position.
7. The ability to learn and understand the job functions of each technician and custodial cleaning techniques.
8. The ability to understand use and operations of cleaning equipment, materials and methods used in everyday operation of custodial services.
9. The ability to learn and understand the physical plan of the client’s facility and all contractual cleaning requirements.
Other Requirements (for Drivers)
1. Safe driving record and proof of current auto insurance required.
2. The incumbent/employee must pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol test with periodic retesting requirements during the course of his or her employment with Diamond Contract Services.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Regularly required to bend, sit, stand, squat, stoop, walk, push, pull, reach with hands and arms at shoulder level or below, use hands to finger, handle and/or feel objects, tools or controls, speak and hear.
2. Occasionally required to kneel, climb and reach with hands and arms above shoulder level, lift up to 25 pounds.
3. Always required to wear the appropriate safety equipment for the task, which may include gloves, goggles, aprons, belts, etc.
4. Required to drive during day and/or evening hours, which requires excellent hand-to-eye coordination and quick reactions for demands of traffic conditions while driving.
1. Employees are responsible for performing their duties in an environment that is free from discrimination, intimidation, coercion or harassment, including sexual harassment.
2. Work may be performed indoor, outdoors or both.
3. As part of the job, the employee may be periodically exposed to dirt, dust, disinfectants, solvents or cleaning chemicals.
4. Noise level may be low to high depending on the equipment used.
5. The employee will be required to report to more than one work site in a given shift.
6. The employee may work continuous and/or split shift hours, including varying shifts in a given week.
7. The employee must at all times adhere to the company’s and work site’s safety and environmental protection practices by performing work safely and in accordance with established standards.
8. The employee must at all times maintain a drug/alcohol free workplace in accordance with company requirements.
DIAMOND CONTRACT SERVICES, INC. - 18 months ago