Proofread all print collateral, e-mail blasts, Web site content, etc.
Ensure that copy abides by department guidelines, meets all requirements outlined by the job requests and is consistent with creative concepts and brands.
Be fully knowledgeable of property brands and sub-brands within each property.
Fact check and verify information is correct.
Efficiently handle high-volume workload, communicate project status, and ensure all deadlines are met .
Interface with internal departments.
Maintain Property Brand Style Guides.
Review Style Guides on a bi-annual basis to ensure documents are accurate.
Assist Creative Directors, Creative Managers and Account Services in gathering updating information.
Demonstrate the ability to anticipate and solve problems.
Cultivate a creative and collaborative environment and build cohesive teams.
Promote best practices and adhere to procedures.
Fully understand department processes and procedures.
Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- At least 2 to 3 years experience in proofreading in an agency, in-house and/or freelance.
- Experience proofreading for multiple brands in a high-volume environment.
- Portfolio is required; must complete a proofreading test within a specific time frame.
- Knowledge of AP Style and standard proofreading marks.
- Excellent proofing skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent writing, organizational and computer skills.
- Process oriented and strong attention to detail.
- Able to work efficiently in a high-volume production environment.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word) and Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel and Outlook).
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.
MGM Resorts International - 16 months ago
It's not your imagination -- MGM Resorts International (formerly MGM MIRAGE) is one of the world's largest gaming firms. The...