Assist and support the Department, including the Director of Philanthropy and Community Affairs, in implementing the Company's Community Engagement Initiative and related activities.
Implement Department Community Engagement plans, programs, campaigns and events, including the Corporate Giving Program, The MGM Resorts Foundation (referred to as the “Foundation”) and related programming, and Employee Volunteer programs. This function entails development of advertising and other written materials, on-site presentations, and coordination of the work of Department staff and other individuals.
Duties related to The MGM Resorts Foundation in particular includes facilitation of the Foundation’s Community Grant Councils; development of requests for grant proposals (“RFPs”) to be issued to community nonprofit agencies/organizations; review and evaluation of submitted grant proposals; communication of grant decisions to applicants; liaison to grant recipients; and liaison to independent accountants re monthly and annual reconciliations.
Oversee the Foundation’s Charitable Checkbook Program.
Oversee the Company’s in-kind donations, including obtaining approval for and recording accounting re same.
Support implementation of Department Diversity Initiative plans, programs and events.
Work closely with internal Company partners – including other corporate departments, the Company’s operating properties and other business units, Company employee-based diversity and community councils and Company employee networking groups, etc. – in the accomplishment of their Community Engagement and Diversity objectives and activities.
Build collaborative relationships and strategic alliances with external individuals, organizations and constituencies that are important to the Company’s Community Engagement and Diversity objectives and activities.
Represent the Company at community programs and events in furtherance of the Company’s social responsibility reputation.
Assist in the development of information, data and reports regarding the Department’s Community Engagement and Diversity Initiatives, including reports to the Company’s Corporate Social Responsibility Committee of the Board of Directors.
Assist in preparation of the Company’s Annual Corporate Social Responsibility Report.
Participate in the Company’s annual Community Engagement and Diversity strategic planning.
Research specified subjects and trends related to the discipline of philanthropy and/or volunteerism.
Perform administrative duties as requested, including participation in budget preparation and budget monitoring.
Supervise Department staff as assigned.
Perform other job related duties as assigned.
- At least 3 – 5 years’ experience in philanthropy management or philanthropy coordination in a corporate setting, or the equivalent.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with philanthropy practices and trends.
- Demonstrated ability to interface effectively with broadly diverse audiences and strategic business partners.
- Ability to organize tasks and/or work teams to achieve specified assignments and goals timely.
- Ability to collect, analyze and interpret data.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to lead and mentor a team.
- Interpersonal communication skills to effectively deal with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Must have flexibility to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing.
- Bachelor Degree in Communications, Human Resources, Non-Profit Management, Business, Business Administration or subject area related to philanthropy.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.
MGM Resorts International - 21 months ago
It's not your imagination -- MGM Resorts International (formerly MGM MIRAGE) is one of the world's largest gaming firms. The...