Advises on, and leads the technical implementation and maintenance of the database environment for the Hospitality, Travel, and Transportation Industries. Primary function is to monitor and advise a Teradata database environment, including runtime optimization, capacity management and planning, security, configuration, scheduling, and execution of maintenance utilities.
Additional skills include high level designing of the processes and integration for extract, cleanse, transform, and load. Must have the ability to understand the overall requirements and integrate them into the design. This individual may have design skills in one particular area, such as designing the extract of data from the source system, or may be proficient in designing the load routine or may have the skills to design all areas of ETL. In cases where an ETL tool is used, must be knowledgeable in these tools to match the design with the features the tool has to offer. Provides efficient design and construction of systems and subsystems to extract, condition, and load data from operational systems and other sources into a defined physical data model, according to business and technical requirements. The ETL designer also provides thought leadership in the selection and implementation of data transformation tools required to satisfy business and technical requirements.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Provide technical leadership and direction to other technical team members
- Physical database design and tuning. LDM and PDM experience a plus
- Bulk loading of source data and source data conditioning.
- Database security and diagnostic maintenance.
- Distributed database management and control.
- Database user security and permissions.
- Evaluation and utilization of software products to assist in the management of data.
- Planning, installation, and maintenance of DBMS software.
- Primary interface to DBMS vendor.
- Diagnosis of problems and resolution for application software.
- Measurement of DBMS performance and tuning; diagnosis of problems.
- Modification of system-level configuration to optimize performance.
- Interface with SQL developers for performance and data access requirements.
- Development of standards and procedures for the DBMS environment.
- Consultation with system administrator regarding O/S - DBMS requirements.
- Maintenance of physical integrity of all production databases.
- Regularly scheduled verification procedures and error correction.
- Monitoring errors.
- Interface with system stewards to gather requirements.
- Define data element requirements including history, timeliness and frequency of data.
- Define volume and timing requirements.
- Design the ETL interface including technology choices.
- Define server process requirements.
- Design, develop, and test processes for extracting data from legacy systems or production databases.
- Design, develop, and test processes for validating and conditioning data prior to loading into a data warehouse.
- Design, develop, and test processes for loading initial data into a data warehouse.
- Design, develop, and test processes for loading cyclical data into a data warehouse.
- Participate in performance, integration, and system testing.
- Leadership (project management) to junior team member
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong facilitation skills with executive-level leaders
- General business knowledge in a wide range of industries (retail, transportation, etc.)
- Hands-on experience applying modeling techniques to actual business solutions
- Experience in designing, developing, and implementing relational databases
Education and Experience Requirements Section:
- Experience with Teradata data warehousing required
- 10 or more years in Information Technology (or equivalent).
- Minimum of five years as an internal or external consultant with broad exposure and experience in a variety of circumstances for data warehousing.
- Retail experience preferred.
- Experience in working in a Systems Integrator/ Big 4Consulting Firm with a proven track record of driving demand in solutions and services is a plus.
- Hands-on general or management experience in a number of business disciplines such as consulting services, marketing and sales, project management, information technology, financial management, business operations, and software development, with proven ability to develop and integrate plans.
- Solid understanding of current data warehousing topics.
- BA or BS in Business or Computer Science.
At least three years of Teradata data warehouse experience.
Ability to Travel at least 80%
Minimum of 5 years working as a Senior Consultant.
Solid understanding of Data Warehouse principles and trends within the industry.
Teradata Certified Master
At least 10 years of Data Warehousing experience including Teradata.
Strong Presentation skills
Experience within one of the Big 4 consulting firms.
Hands-on general or management experience in a number of business disciplines such as consulting services, marketing and sales, project management, information technology, financial management, business operations, and software development, with proven ability to develop and integrate plans.
AMS Sales & Services
Teradata - 21 months ago
Teradata is a global leader in analytic data platforms, marketing and analytic applications, and consulting services. We help organizations...